Sign in to follow this  
Cabin-boy

Bretagne 20/10/18

Actually looking forward to a day sailing back on her in June , no overnight sailing by orders of the wife, although as I booked everything for the wrong week in June I’m lucky to be going at all (apparently).

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Actually looking forward to a day sailing back on her in June , no overnight sailing by orders of the wife, although as I booked everything for the wrong week in June I’m lucky to be going at all (apparently).

In that case, as a naughty boy, you`ll get all the driving to do 🤣🤣

Edited by Paully

She can do all the driving in the UK and I will do all the driving in France , Scotland to Portsmouth or Ouistreham to StMalo the joys of a cycling holiday 😉

Hopefully, try and try to get the other half in there or on the Pont to no avail yet , it might be a table for one this time though.

What....Scotland to Portsmouth on a cycle????...😂😫...Colin is right..Once she gets sat down in Les Abers and sees and tastes whats on offer....all will be forgiven Neil. A smile and a request in French usually gets you a window table and after such a lunch the shortcomings of the Bretagne will be forgotten..Trust me

We’re doing the length of France on the bike but that’s not until 2020, if she didn’t suffer from such bad sea sickness I might agree with you about the lunch but this is the woman who got sea sick on the Discovery in Dundee and it’s in dry dock 😂

Edited by neilcvx
  • Sad 1

Condor Rapide and Liberation were both early leaving and arriving yesterday and the communication from the company was excellent. Interestingly (for me at least), when Liberation arrived in Guernsey and we were disembarking, a 4x4 pulled up on the linkspan and disgorged two guys in wetsuits who started pulling on airtanks etc. I assume Condor have people on standby in case of suspected nets around the propeller etc. I didn't notice any problems on the crossing but it suggests they are taking no chances. 

I did over 50 kms on my bike yesterday and can really recommend cycling on the islands if you keep off the main drags and stick to the green lanes and coastal roads. This is the view from my hotel's breakfast room this morning. Can't really complain. Ed. 

DSC_0834.JPG

• Like 4

Again today, both Condor sailings (Liberation and Rapide) left twenty minutes early which got me back to Jersey earlier than planned and crucially back to France and so made my 1.5 hour drive back to Laval more bearable. Many thanks to the company, if they are reading this, for another well run and efficient service. 

Two other good points (to compensate for a slightly sore rear end after 110 kms in two days) were: 1) the pod of dolphins leaping out of the water just outside the St Peter Port breakwater (I'll try to post the photos later). And 2) the terminal car park at St Malo being free for the two days due to the ticket machine not working on my arrival yesterday morning. The woman who answered the interphone opened the barrier remotely for me and assured me their cameras would sort everything out when I left. This evening the man who answered simply opened the barrier and let me drive out saving me €24. If they send the bill to my home address I'll let you know, but fingers crossed. Ed. 

And just to contrast with the original photo at the top of this thread, here is one of Condor Rapide leaving St Malo this morning taken from the deck of the inbound Bretagne. Ed

DSC_0866.JPG

• Like 1