Sign in to follow this  
Gunwharf

Bretagne today 28/10

Hi 

does anybody know why Bretagne is arriving into Portsmouth over an hour late tonight? 

She left St Malo on time and it even looks like she took the shorter easterly route so surprised she's so late.

During this afternoon I idly glanced at Marine Traffic and she was down to 7.5kts whilst crossing the EB traffic lane then checked again and speed was up to 10kts..Maybe engine trouble?..I`ll keep an eye on it after departure and see what spped she makes.

Just noticed BF have put an update on their website saying the delay is due to bad weather enroute from St Malo..Still I bet Bretagne was more comfortable even in bad weather than some others out there in it..

11 hours ago, Paully said:

Just noticed BF have put an update on their website saying the delay is due to bad weather enroute from St Malo..Still I bet Bretagne was more comfortable even in bad weather than some others out there in it..

She berthed at St Malo more or less on schedule this morning.

Yep apparently she was battling a strong North Easterly all the way from the top of the Contentin Peninsular which slowed her down. She also had to enter the Solent via the New Grounds passage and not the usual cut around Bembridge which also added time.

I guess she made the time back on the slower southbound run last night

• Like 1