Sign in to follow this  
nottingham

Roscoff Webcam

The webcam over the fishing harbour at Roscoff fell  inactive when the fairground was erected this summer.  Operated by the 'Centre Nautique' it was a camera which turned and zoomed on a set programme during the day and fixed at night. You could see the coming and going of ferries too. Presumably as it is intended primarily to let boaters view local weather conditions the weblink was diverted to a camera looking over the nearby Dossen beach. The harbour webcam has now been re-instated, but it's a fixed panoramic view only - not a patch on the old arrangement!

http://www.roscoff-nautique.com/webcam-a-roscoff#content

No problem Nottingham, just send me a PM when you want to do some ship spotting in Roscoff and I'll stand on a ladder with my Iphone...9_9

Won't be of much use for the next 6 weeks though ...:S

Chris 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

I expect you to do that the next time you see a new Irish ferry sailing in for the first time.

He's got plenty of time to assemble the ladder in that case. Ed. 

3 hours ago, Chef said:

Will he be able to see Cherbourg from the top of that ladder .

Probably not even on a day with a cloudless sky. But that’s no problem as we deliver there most days when either the OW or Eps is in town. The view from the Montagne du Roule beats any webcam,  just ask Brigitte ....😉

• Like 1

@Fine Whine the wife’s got a new favourite fizz will tell you about it when I’m in next hope it’s worth the wait, I thought Yeats was making the occasional trip to Roscoff anyway? 

So going slightly off-topic, I.F. have yet to publish any schedules for Ireland - France 2019, preferring to wait until the W.B.Y. is signed off as seaworthy and fit for purpose. She's been reaching impressive speeds during recent sea trials, up to 23.5 knots as well as performing 180 degree turns when approached at speed, as well as turning on a sixpence so that's all looking promising. She's currently pottering about off Flensburg as I believe she has yet to have scrubbers fitted (although I may be wrong on this)

What is pretty certain is she will kick off Dublin - Cherbourg sometime in February, and will stick to that route until mid September so no Neil, we won't be seeing her here in Roscoff. The Oscar Wilde will then run a seasonal service from Rosslare starting in May, but as there are lots of rumours flying around at the moment I'll believe all this when it actually happens.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

She's been reaching impressive speeds during recent sea trials, up to 23.5 knots as well as performing 180 degree turns when approached at speed, as well as turning on a sixpence so that's all looking promising.

Forward speed is all very well but can they can make her go backwards 6 months without anybody noticing? 😀 Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1