Andy

New look logo announced

They've announced it - but seemingly no images... yet...

I wonder how many years until it's on all the fleet, too.

I wonder if this will be the mechanism by which Economie is dispensed with.  Nothing like the ships receiving a new livery to end up with them all wearing the same colours?

On 06/11/2018 at 17:34, Jim said:

They've announced it - but seemingly no images... yet...

I wonder how many years until it's on all the fleet, too.

Current logo launched 2002?  Took them until 2009 to get it all the ships with varying degrees of success. I can think of one prominent public location where the previous logo is still on display.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Timmy said:

Current logo launched 2002?  Took them until 2009 to get it all the ships with varying degrees of success. I can think of one prominent public location where the previous logo is still on display.

Yes, if I recall MSM arrived in the old livery after the new one had been launched? I do hope we step away from the 'one size fits all' and get a little individuality back.

I also wonder if it takes a while if, dare I say it, Bretagne ever gets to wear it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just had a quick flick through the "Refit" threads.  Bretagne was not drydocked last refit season, and is not scheduled to be dry docked this season either.  So looks like she will be going at least 3 years since last proper underwater attention.  Seems unusual for any ship, let alone one of her age.  Can only be an indication that BF is expecting her time within the fleet to be short?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It took DFDS and P&O a while to re-paint their ships didn't it - in fact there's still a few DFDS ships in their 'old' livery, including King Seaways. It's hard to imagine this 'new look' will be too radically different or else surely it would at least be on the website to get people used to it?

32 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Just had a quick flick through the "Refit" threads.  Bretagne was not drydocked last refit season, and is not scheduled to be dry docked this season either.  So looks like she will be going at least 3 years since last proper underwater attention.  Seems unusual for any ship, let alone one of her age.  Can only be an indication that BF is expecting her time within the fleet to be short?

I think she was in Remotowa during February 2017 there are photo's on Tony's BF Facebook page.

2 minutes ago, jonno said:

I think she was in Remotowa during February 2017 there are photo's on Tony's BF Facebook page.

Thanks Jonno, yes, that would fit.  So she was dry-docked in the 2016-17 refit season.  Unless she is added to the list this year for the 2018-19 season, it will be coming up 3 years since the last one by the time she is next dry-docked.  (Assuming she will be in 2019-20!).  Didn't she have that special long-lasting antifoul applied when she was at Remotowa?

17 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Thanks Jonno, yes, that would fit.  So she was dry-docked in the 2016-17 refit season.  Unless she is added to the list this year for the 2018-19 season, it will be coming up 3 years since the last one by the time she is next dry-docked.  (Assuming she will be in 2019-20!).  Didn't she have that special long-lasting antifoul applied when she was at Remotowa?

17 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Didn't she have that special long-lasting antifoul applied when she was at Remotowa?

I think she got it during 2014 -15 a year after Normandie. There's even newer stuff now which is silicone and bio based, a bit of a nod to something greener. I know Honfleur will have the new coating plus I think Galicia and Salamanca.

I think her next visit to the dry dock will be her last for BF.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder if it will be a big change or a slight change , I get the feeling it might not be that different, so we definitely know for now it’s Pont first then Armorique then ???

7 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I wonder if it will be a big change or a slight change , I get the feeling it might not be that different, so we definitely know for now it’s Pont first then Armorique then ???

Well, probably in sequence of the refit schedule.  Normandie in the NY.  Then CF.  Then it will be interesting to see what they do with BDS in March.  (Same livery as the others, or a different one?)

"New colours" is an interesting comment in the article.  Does that mean the new colour scheme will depart from red, white and blue?

2 hours ago, Ryan_H said:

It's hard to imagine this 'new look' will be too radically different

You just wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BAI4 said:

You just wait.

So on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 = P&O and 10 = Moby Lines, what sort of ball-park are we talking?!

9 minutes ago, BAI4 said:

You just wait.

You wait months  for a certain someome to post something and they say nothing, I reckon bright blue with red stripes and a holographic logo 😂

• Haha 2

I just want to be pre-warned if we're going to see crabs, lobsters, artichokes and langoustines appear on the sides of the ships! :D

• Haha 1

They chose the wrong location for Pont's dry docking if they are planning a sudden unveiling!  Our resident snappers in Santander will be posting shots of every new lick of paint as they are applied from the vantage point at the end of the dock!

• Like 1

According to the story in Voyage Magazine, the new logo will be introduced company wide by Spring 2019. They may get opinions from customers with Pont-Aven and Armorique to see what they think. If you look at the funnel on Honfleur's drawings, maybe it will look like that?

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver