Andy

New look logo announced

18 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Exactly my own thoughts back in October! - I wonder if its a deliberate running down of facilities as she nears the end of her 'time', or is it down to the ongoing poor performance of contracted janitorial services?  Perhaps improvements will be made during the winter maintenance programme.  We can but hope!

Me too no need for stuff like this.A836483E-9C97-42A1-8A61-6F13A793D615.thumb.jpeg.843c60a16ffea806470facc357d50b51.jpeg

• Like 1

Getting back to the new logo, I think they will go to a Breton themed black and white scheme - we could end up with striped duvet covers and pillow cases in the cabins!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Getting back to the new logo, I think they will go to a Breton themed black and white scheme - we could end up with striped duvet covers and pillow cases in the cabins!

The Cal mac ferries look good in black and white 😂

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

Me too no need for stuff like this.A836483E-9C97-42A1-8A61-6F13A793D615.thumb.jpeg.843c60a16ffea806470facc357d50b51.jpeg

Exactly. She depends all day Sunday in Portsmouth (from around 8am to early boarding time at 6pm) when the crew and contract cleaners could really hit all the cabins and do a good job. Ed. 

• Like 2

There's no excuse for dirty bed linen or towels. The days of changing duvet covers are over, they all arrive "ready made" from the contract cleaners. It's just like there's no excuse for the scrotty, furry air con either. It's the same everywhere, standards drop when you contract out as no one takes ownership. BF will blame the cleaners and the cleaners will blame BF's time constraints and their parent companies lack of staff recruitment.

I watched a couple of cabin cleaners on Stena who vacuumed around the chair rather than move it out of the way.

Everything built by the lowest bidder and serviced by the cheapest provider.

• Like 3

The dirty duvet looked as someone had trodden on it as the marks were like the sole of a shoe. I didn't make a fuss and simply swaped it for the one on the bunk above. But the worst discovery was a sweet wrapper stuck to the metal leg of the small stool next to the bed. It was immediately visible when I switched on the overhead lamp and pulled the stool out to put my bag on it. It moved with the stool so suggests they simply vacuumed around the furniture rather than lifting it to check what was underneath. If I had been inclined to do a real audit of the cabin I could probably have identified half a dozen points to be improved or changed. Perhaps I should have got the cabin manager up to see the problems but I was pretty tired and wanted to get an earlyish night. If Cabin-girl had been with me she would have said something, I'm sure. I still think Bretagne offers the best overall experience in the fleet and would choose her over and above any of the others for the charm, service and useful timings (aside from NEX which meets a different need) but the cruise-ferry tag does require certain standards to be maintained. Ed. 

• Like 2

On 08/11/2018 at 15:26, neilcvx said:

You wait months  for a certain someome to post something and they say nothing, I reckon bright blue with red stripes and a holographic logo 😂

😉

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 16:33, straightfeed said:

Lets hope no freephone numbers in huge letters down the side of the ships!

BF added the website address to the side of the ships back in the mid to late 00's, but it didn't last very long.  Certainly the Armorique didn't have it when she was launched in 2009.

9 hours ago, Paul said:

BF added the website address to the side of the ships back in the mid to late 00's, but it didn't last very long.  Certainly the Armorique didn't have it when she was launched in 2009. 

Yeah that was for the passing cruise ships, container ships and oil tankers. Passengers and crew on these vessels could go to each "Quick note down the website address of that company...we''ll book with them next year". "At-sea" advertising could be the next big thing...before you know it, you might have a DFS sale advertisement on the starboard side of the PA and an advert for SportDirect.com on port side.

Actually, joking aside. This does actually happen.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2502296

57 minutes ago, zuludelta said:

you might have a DFS sale advertisement on the starboard side of the PA and an advert for SportDirect.com on port side.

Theres plenty of room on the PA's funnel... 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Perhaps madness on my part - but I don't recall the name having been on the funnel before?

It's on her funnel in the footage Tony posted in the maintenance thread.

25 minutes ago, Jim said:

Perhaps madness on my part - but I don't recall the name having been on the funnel before?

Just checked some of my pictures (pre and post scrubbers) going back to her maiden arrival in Plymouth and the name has always been below the funnel, although it may have been moved during the fitting of the scrubbers.

I think it was spelt out with actual physical lettering before (with the old funnel) whereas now it's just painted on albeit in the same font.

I'm excited to see this new look, it's a good distraction from all the other 'stuff' going on at the moment... ;) 

Edited by Ryan_H
missed info