Andy

New look logo announced

That silly curved blue line on the Honfleur mock-up is interesting.  Almost reminiscent of the Economie wiggle.  I wonder if that’s going to be the thing that comes in as standard on all ships to merge cruise and economie into a single post-economie livery.

I remain convinced that the new livery will be part of a plan to scrap economie as a brand in the post-Etretat era, almost without anything being said.

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I remain convinced that the new livery will be part of a plan to scrap economie as a brand in the post-Etretat era, almost without anything being said.

I hope that the "Economie" is never to darken BF's again.

13 minutes ago, Gareth said:

That silly curved blue line on the Honfleur mock-up is interesting.  Almost reminiscent of the Economie wiggle.  I wonder if that’s going to be the thing that comes in as standard on all ships to merge cruise and economie into a single post-economie livery.

There’s no reason why it would stay after Etretat and BDS leave although I think they will keep it on BDS after Tat has left  , there’s not any reason to change it .

The complication is that BDS will be in the fleet for a good year after Tat has left, that BDS was always considered marginal for the Economie label anyway (how does she sit, for example, against Barfleur?) and that she will be operating on the Le Havre route against a fully fledged Normandie.  I can see them not wanting to operate BDS as “Economie” in those circumstances.  But we’ll see.  There’s still Connemara.  And we are only assuming that Tat will leave the fleet......

I reckon they will try to keep Tat until at least one Eflexer is in service, still time will tell , they certainly aren’t shy to deal with Stena, Conammera is easier to fob off as she runs  a pretty independent route.

37 minutes ago, Gareth said:

The complication is that BDS will be in the fleet for a good year after Tat has left, that BDS was always considered marginal for the Economie label anyway (how does she sit, for example, against Barfleur?) and that she will be operating on the Le Havre route against a fully fledged Normandie.  I can see them not wanting to operate BDS as “Economie” in those circumstances.  But we’ll see.  There’s still Connemara.  And we are only assuming that Tat will leave the fleet......

Looking at the BF's timetable for the Le Havre schedule 2019 BDS will be doing that 1 day per week as a Economie along with Normandy, unless they are making her a Economie too. ??

Armorique is in Poole from the 9th December, am on her on that day, but will try and get out around the local beaches to get some pics, weather allowing.  

• Like 1

One wonders how far they will go 'back' with this, to retro-fit everything with the new logo. If you think of all the places you see the physical logo (let alone online & offline media!).... signs, port containers, vehicles, gifts, toys, shower curtains, carpets, windows, packaging, bags, menus, even on the little soaps! The scope is quite enormous if they were to do everything!

The Brittany Ferries (Mark II) logo is still doing the rounds and not always onboard or in terminals.

I was over-nighting  at a hotel in deepest Spain in 2017 and came across this gem! 

WP_20170618_08_43_37_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Is there a timetable for the fleet, because yes, I am wondering about us in Poole -  because if Barfleur goes for hers in the Spring, they might give us NEX for a week or so.  Purely selfish reasons, be interested to know if we get a visit from NEX...😉

10 hours ago, hf_uk said:

even on the little soaps! 

They seem to be doing away with the individual soaps - when I was on the Armorique a couple of weeks ago,  there was a liquid soap dispenser fitted on the wall.

I'm pretty sure alot of the stores containers at Roscoff still have the old logo on.

I would assume they would gradually phase out the old logo, single use soaps are being phased out anyway (apart from premium cabins) due to their green commitment, I suppose it would take years though, give the folk who like old BF stuff something to do spotting it rather than just going on Bretagne for some nostalgia 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now, the classy thing would be.....you know those tiny little metallic flecks you can get in liquid soap.....if they could shape those little flecks into the BF logo! 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gareth said:

Now, the classy thing would be.....you know those little metallic flecks you can get in liquid soap.....if they could shape those little flecks into the BF logo! 😆

What BF logo though 😂

I hope this new livery won't be along similar lines to P&O cruises and involve painting a giant Tricolore across the bow...hopefully BF have a bit more class than that ;) 

Just got an update regarding the painting of the new logo on the ships here is what they said may also be a sneak peak of 2019/20 refits too

The Pont Aven and Armorique will be the first ships in the fleet to carry the new logo later this month, following their refit. The new logo will appear on the Normandie and Bretagne next January, the Cap Finistere next February and the Normandie Express next September The Mont St Michel will carry the new logo in January 2020 and the Barfleur in February 2020.

Well, that's a faster appearance than the last one!  I'm still hoping for some kind of individuality and not a 'one size fits all' approach. Hopefully some shipyard photos will start appearing before too long.

• Like 2

As an employee I went through the disastrous rebranding and repainting of British Airways multi coloured tail fin art representing a world image.
The Chief Exc removed himself from it all as he was colour blind he said! Aircraft logbooks had entries asking to remove graffiti from tail fin.
We even saw other things in the "art" that had clearly not been seen before and one was seen as inappropriate.

Cost millions and abandoned shortly afterwards. Universally hated by most staff. Don't try to be too clever. Fell about laughing when years ago I saw that French owned Britt Airways had rebranded as !HOP. Bonkers.

Lets hope no freephone numbers in huge letters down the side of the ships!

SFD

Well, having crossed back to France on Bretagne last night I think there might be other priorities than slapping a new logo on the side. The public spaces are fine as always and Les Abers is a very pleasant place to eat. However the cabins really do need some work. I don't know what they can do about the rattling noises aside from pumping expansive foam into every nook and cranny but they can give the bathrooms a deep clean and overhaul, clean out the light fittings, or at least replace the aging yellow bulbs, and remove all the bedding with holes, stains and tears. The same applies to Normandie to a certain extent too. I appreciate she is at the end of an intensive summer season but I spotted the stained duvet cover the moment I walked in as it was face up on the lower bunk. They need to have a manager do a once-over of each cabin before closing the doors. Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Jim said:

Well, that's a faster appearance than the last one!  I'm still hoping for some kind of individuality and not a 'one size fits all' approach. Hopefully some shipyard photos will start appearing before too long.

I fear “corporate identity “ will make it a one size fits all.

10 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Well, having crossed back to France on Bretagne last night I think there might be other priorities than slapping a new logo on the side. The public spaces are fine as always and Les Abers is a very pleasant place to eat. However the cabins really do need some work. I don't know what they can do about the rattling noises aside from pumping expansive foam into every nook and cranny but they can give the bathrooms a deep clean and overhaul, clean out the light fittings, or at least replace the aging yellow bulbs, and remove all the bedding with holes, stains and tears. The same applies to Normandie to a certain extent too. I appreciate she is at the end of an intensive summer season but I spotted the stained duvet cover the moment I walked in as it was face up on the lower bunk. They need to have a manager do a once-over of each cabin before closing the doors. Ed. 

Exactly my own thoughts back in October! - I wonder if its a deliberate running down of facilities as she nears the end of her 'time', or is it down to the ongoing poor performance of contracted janitorial services?  Perhaps improvements will be made during the winter maintenance programme.  We can but hope!