Sign in to follow this  
jonno

French Road Blockades - Gilets Jaunes

19 hours ago, Gareth said:

Good point Imprimerie.  France did, after all, elect M Macron as their president.  It would appear that many forget that he, and the policies he is honouring, are the elected choice of the French people.

Be careful Gareth as it's a bit like how the U.K voted for Cameron and a manifesto which included a referendum which he honoured only to have over 50% accused of not knowing what they were doing which would infer that over 50% didn't know what they were doing voting for him in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jonno said:

Be careful Gareth as it's a bit like how the U.K voted for Cameron and a manifesto which included a referendum which he honoured only to have over 50% accused of not knowing what they were doing which would infer that over 50% didn't know what they were doing voting for him in the first place.

You could use that argument to claim that 80% of the UK approved Brexit because both the Conservatives and Labour both had it in their last manifesto. There's more than one reason people vote as they do although I tend to agree with the last bit of what you said.😉

Coming back to Macron..He was elected with the lowest turnout since the war and his opponent was Marine Le Pen. I would suggest that there wasn`t a massive enthusiasm for him or overwhelming endorsement of his policies. Once his policies bit, his popularity tanked and public disorder followed. All within about 15 months. That was followed by rapid turnabout costing money he didn`t know where to get from..Not suprised the Gilet Jaunes won`t get back in the box.

Rumours here are growing that President Macron will decide to hold a referendum on the 26th May (at the same time as the EU parliamentary elections) to find out what the public actually wants. The question for the moment is what they will be asked. Probably changes to the constitution such as PR. Ed.  

Superficially, apparently a bit of cheap smut.  Reading between the lines, though, Ed, I understand what you are saying.  A fair point.

3 minutes ago, Gareth said:

cheap smut

Smut maybe. Cheap, I'm not so sure. It's my taxes, along with those of around 60 million others, which are paying for this cretin to be treated for an entirely avoidable injury. Ed. 

• Like 1