Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

Hypothetical Second Referendum

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:36, Gareth said:

Result will be announced in exactly 1 week’s time!

You've said on another thread that voting will close at 11.00 pm on Saturday. If the result is to be announced at 10.36 am on next Sunday will you have a large enough team of tellers to process all the votes cast in the 11 hrs 36 mins that you have available between the close of voting and the declaration?😉

• Haha 1

It all depends on what comes out in the wash over the next few days, I can't accept a deal I haven't seen in detail.

So possibly A first, if not C

After all I've lived and worked in France for most of the last 25 years

Chris

All votes from members of BFE count - regardless of age or country of residence.  The exercise is to establish the way a second referendum, based on 3 choices, could work, using BFE members as a study sample.  Several participants (I count at least 5) are not resident in the UK, and would not be eligible to vote in an actual second referendum, but that does not invalidate their contribution to this exercise. :)

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Turnout is currently running at a respectable 84% 😉

Respectable? It's pathetic.

North Korea manages well over 99% with a much larger electorate.

• Haha 1

I expect that even as we type Pun King Jim and King Pin Gareth are busy building a re-education facility for those that don't vote.😃

1 hour ago, G4rth said:

Respectable? It's pathetic.

North Korea manages well over 99% with a much larger electorate.

Yes but..… the 1% non voters get executed....

Polls are now closed.  Results are expected sometime around mid-late morning!

Early exit polls indicate a close result...but perhaps leaning one way more than the other....! 😋

Results of the first count:

16 valid ballot papers were submitted, constituting a turnout of 84%.

The number of first-choice votes cast for each option was as follows:

Option A:  3 votes

Option B:  5 votes

Option C 8 votes

No option secured more than 50% of first choice votes.  Option A received the lowest number of first-choice votes and is therefore removed from the second count.  The second choice vote of voters who voted for option A will go through to the second count.

On the basis of the first count, the BFE constituency rejects Thesesa May’s deal as a basis for leaving the EU.

Results of the second count:

Based on the aggregate of first-choice votes and second-choice votes transferred from option A, the number of votes cast for each option in the second count was as follows:

Option B:  6 votes

Option C:  10 votes

The BFE constituency therefore votes, by a majority of 62.5% to 37.5%, to abandon Brexit and remain in the EU.

Many thanks to all those who took part.

This thread remains closed.  Discussion of this result / process may continue in the main Brexit thread. 😀