Jim

New Look Revealed

42 minutes ago, David Williams said:

You must have a long lens !,

It is at least 2.5 miles across the estuary

Haha, it was on full zoom for that one! I’m not much of a photographer compared to many on here, it’s only a little Cannon model I use but yes the lens is pretty good. 

That actually suits her quite well.  Especially from that angle.  Makes a tired old workhorse look 10 years younger!

54 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Offical images of the new logo on normandie

IMG_3649.PNG

Surely won’t it be one single, continuous stripe?

23 hours ago, Seashore said:

Surely won’t it be one single, continuous stripe?

I hope not - I don't think it's a look that would suit her well. That said, given what 'actual' Bretagne has come out looking like compared to the impression above, I'll hold my breath.

(Still sore they removed the blue stripes on the rear staircases of the Normandie)

On 03/01/2019 at 19:05, The Ferry Man said:

I think the stripe is a deck too low - would look better on the next up - it's too close to the bow

(Ref: Bretagne) If they'd have applied it above, they'd have encountered with an issue that not all the windows at that level are, er, level. The set at the stern are slightly higher. You'd either end up having windows poking out of the stripe, or a stripe that wasn't the same thickness all along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I hope not - I don't think it's a look that would suit her well. That said, given what 'actual' Bretagne has come out looking like compared to the impression above, I'll hold my breath.

(Still sore they removed the blue stripes on the rear staircases of the Normandie)

(Ref: Bretagne) If they'd have applied it above, they'd have encountered with an issue that not all the windows at that level are, er, level. The set at the stern are slightly higher. You'd either end up having windows poking out of the stripe, or a stripe that wasn't the same thickness all along.

I think the blue would have to end before the raised windows, a bit like PA with the balcony area.

Liking the image of Normandie, but I fear its more a photoshop of the logo and not the whole ship. Miss the blue stripes too Jim!

On Bretagne, surely it would have made sense to extend the blue line to where the windows end? I know Pont-Aven's blue line stops but Armorique's blue line extends to the end. 

1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Bretagne' seen in Le Havre today, paint and livery still not finished. 

Image: Ship Hunters

49756045_534348877042168_1312404055603019776_n.jpg

Yes, looks like they need to finish off the a and e’s 😂

Do we assume all the planned work is done on her now externally? Or is it likely further work is to follow? 

Edited by Tumnus2010

3 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Do we assume all the planned work is done on her now externally? Or is it likely further work is to follow? 

I wouldn't think so, considering the photo was taken today. There still a fair bit of rust on her.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Best to wait for official Brittany Ferries impressions before casting judgement.

• Like 2

Are they from BF or just some editing that some random person has done?  If they’re from BF then that looks pretty indicative of an impending abolition of Economie.

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Are they from BF or just some editing that some random person has done?  If they’re from BF then that looks pretty indicative of an impending abolition of Economie.

Very true, if these have been produced by BF the livery certainly gives BDS more appeal... I'd have liked to have seen the image of the Cap' with a blue fo'c's'le matching Normandie.

The logo on Barfy's funnel softens the scrubber extension work too, makes it look less of an add on?

Don't mind any of them to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Frederic is a friend of mine on Facebook do saw them earlier on.   I thought they were BF official ones to be honest.  Aiden’s post above shows in the text on the photo that it is from the BF newsroom, so assume the others are from the same source?

Edited by Khaines

29 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I think these are from BF although I could not find them on the Newsroom Website.

If you read the thread the official BF spokesperson implies that they aren’t.

23 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I think these are from BF although I could not find them on the Newsroom Website.

I had a look myself on the Newsroom site and couldn’t find them.  I remember Jim advising not to put photoshopped pictures up here because of BF’s copyright, I remember I suggested examples Barfleur and Normandie as a kind of idea as to what to expect, but because Jim advised against it, I thought I’d best not share Facebook photos. Also Frederic’s privacy settings are set to friends, so didn’t think a link would work.

Barfy and Normandie carry the new logo quite well from the photos.  Jonno is right about Barfy’s funnel logo balancing out the difference since her scrubber fittings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

If you read the thread the official BF spokesperson implies that they aren’t.

Nobody has (yet) posted in this thread in the capacity of an official BF spokesperson.  And, to my knowledge, none of the posts so far made have been posted by anybody with a current official connection to BF.

58 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Very true @Khaines, BFE can remove them if they wish too just to be safe @Gareth. Worth noting, that the originals of the above images are on the newsroom site.

Have you got a link to that Tony?