Jim

New Look Revealed

12 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Have you got a link to that Tony?

The originals in the old livery @Gareth are on the press office site. I can confirm that these are photoshopped images and not done by Brittany Ferries. It's probably best that they are taken down. They were edited and posted by Leonce Druex on social media yesterday but he has given me permission to share which i am now not too keen on.

32 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The originals in the old livery @Gareth are on the press office site. I can confirm that these are photoshopped images and not done by Brittany Ferries. It's probably best that they are taken down. They were edited and posted by Leonce Druex on social media yesterday but he has given me permission to share which i am now not too keen on.

When posting images which aren't yours, the source should always be quoted. In light of the recent request direct from BF, around usage of their logo, it's best these are removed (and that's what I have just done).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jim said:

When posting images which aren't yours, the source should always be quoted. In light of the recent request direct from BF, around usage of their logo, it's best these are removed (and that's what I have just done).

Thanks Jim, the source was quoted, hence the last image. However, I have sent them to BF to make them aware.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

13 hours ago, BAI4 said:

Best to wait for official Brittany Ferries impressions before casting judgement.

Transpires that the images were not, after all, from BF and therefore nothing can be concluded from them.

Need to ask, however, where does that leave the image of Normandie posted by Aiden at the top of page 11?  That is described as an official BF image and yet also seems to be from the same source as the others that Jim removed.  Can Aiden or Tony confirm whether the Normandie image is bona fide?

Edit:  The Normandie image is legitimate.  It’s on the BF newsroom.

4 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Transpires that the images were not, after all, from BF and therefore nothing can be concluded from them.

Need to ask, however, where does that leave the image of Normandie posted by Aiden at the top of page 11?  That is described as an official BF image and yet also seems to be from the same source as the others that Jim removed.  Can Aiden or Tony confirm whether the Normandie image is bona fide?

Link to BF Newsroom images.

https://brittanyferriesnewsroom.com/image-library/page/2/

• Like 1

Looking at the official Bretagne one, and the work currently done. I wonder if they are going to reinstate the stripes but just haven't yet? They've only just done the one that goes goes along the side windows and the front, but it's possible the rest is yet to come?  

• Like 3

The thing that I noticed on the 'fake' Normandie computer image was that the top of the logo on the funnel was very slightly above the top of the gunnel. That made me suspicious.

The new advert just came on our tv and the other half blurted out “what have the done to their logo ? What’s that thing ? What’s with all the colours? I DON’T LIKE IT.” 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Ought to cover her funnel in mirrors that would reflect the surroundings and hide it...

And blind most people on the beach in Santander if she arrives at the wrong time of day in mid-summer. Ed. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The new logo makes the funnel look smaller than it used to be, although it's still the same height.

Agreed, I think the logo has been placed very high up

1 hour ago, The Ferry Man said:

Agreed, I think the logo has been placed very high up

Yes, it does look odd, but it stills all right. Here's the photo that I should have included.

_MG_5730.thumb.jpg.75d843101958ca67ecc37bc4076f018d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Ryan_H said:

What is the flag she's flying from her bow? It's not the Norman flag is it?

It's the flag for the Vendee region. I have absolutely no idea why she should be flying it but someone might. Ed, 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elcotillo said:

I took these photos of the Normandie from the Round Tower just as it started to rain.

_MG_5732.jpg

Nice pictures but that funnel.... It just dominates and clashes with the rest of the ship in a really quite nasty way.

The funnel on Normandie was central to her original identity - look how the aft line of the funnel formed an invisible line with the aft end of the blue superstructure band and then continued down to precisely tie into the aft step in the hull markings. And how the forward line of the funnel matched the angle of the end of the two forward superstructure bands which in turn intersected the blue around the mooring area and then met the orange just where it ends at the bow.

That was Design and led to a harmonious look. This new version of both livery and funnel is just... bleugh.

image.png.9c5254acd652254f35d17d4849f5c4e7.png

Edited by hhvferry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

It's the flag for the Vendee region. I have absolutely no idea why she should be flying it but someone might. Ed, 

It’s the new route Portsmouth to Les Sables-d'Olonne 😉