Jim

New Look Revealed

7 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Going to spend lots of money buying the new branded merchandise on board, going to cost a small fortune.

Oooh, yes. Put me down for a new set of playing cards.

Somebody is going to have to unscrew all those pens, drain the water and glitter out, replace the floating plastic insert, put in more water and glitter and then reseal the entire thing. They will be at it for weeks. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cabin-boy said:

Oooh, yes. Put me down for a new set of playing cards. Ed. 

Blast, I forgot about them!  I have a pristine set of Pont Aven playing cards from the summer.  I’m going to have to get a new set now!!

11 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Going to spend lots of money buying the new branded merchandise on board, going to cost a small fortune.

Logos come and logos go..indifferent to them all tbh....but what I do spend a lot on in their shops is the most excellent (to our palate) litres of  Grand Solage Calvados..Almost an out of body experience and worth every penny 😁😋

Edited by Paully
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Will there be a new BFE logo in due course..??

Only once we've been onboard and bought rebranded felt tips...

• Haha 4

We won the quiz (quite convincingly if I do say so myself) on MSM once , got cards,notepad,pens and a compass , I think I’ve only used the pens to be honest.

Just now, neilcvx said:

We won the quiz (quite convincingly if I do say so myself) on MSM once , got cards,notepad,pens and a compass , I think I’ve only used the pens to be honest.

Put the rest on Ebay. Once the new ones enter circulation you might make penny or two. Vintage is big business nowadays. Ed. 

37 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Oooh, yes. Put me down for a new set of playing cards.

Somebody is going to have to unscrew all those pens, drain the water and glitter out, replace the floating plastic insert, put in more water and glitter and then reseal the entire thing. They will be at it for weeks. Ed. 

I just won a pen and cards and notepad winning the quiz on the Cap Finistre the other day ... 😂 now il have to buy a new set or try another quiz 😂😂. Must say do prefer the old but it’s not too dramatic change . Better than condors circus ribbions anyways ....

37 minutes ago, Paul said:

Will there be a new BFE logo in due course..??

When someone pays Jim and Gareth to go through a major rebranding exercise.

Reminds me of an energy provider logo or an air freshener, add a dash of yellow and it could be something new from google and a bit too Stena line and their green waves rather than Brittany Ferries, at least with I.F you get a good slab of emerald green allowing for identification from a bit of a distance... 

For me the older liveries set them apart, this non descriptive corporate look just makes them a face in the crowd.

Disappointing.

• Like 5

The symbol represents curiosity and discovery

Blue: Sea and open horizon

Green: The earth, nature, wide open spaces, sustainable development

Orange: Sky, emotions and vitality

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Main problem is......it's just not French.  And French is inseparable from BF's identity.

A little tenuous... But with some cropping.. 

_20181120_165841.thumb.JPG.7df98fe325348dd373cafdbda4fe2249.JPG

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Main problem is......it's just not French.  And French is inseparable from BF's identity.

I did say in another thread that the staff had said the uniforms would have a less French look.

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

A little tenuous... But with some cropping.. 

_20181120_165841.thumb.JPG.7df98fe325348dd373cafdbda4fe2249.JPG

Don't know about you but the shark at the back looks unwell!