Jim

New Look Revealed

I kinda think the new logo looks as if  British Gas/EDF have merged & they’ve tried to mix brands together while keeping their identity....

I did like the fact the old logos had a ´hint’ of French’ness about it...  (Blue/White/Red a’la  Tricolore)

I’m sure we’ll all get use to it ?! 

Just disappointed! - the new logo does not convey any meaning to me at all.  It will not encourage or discourage me to use the ferries.  An opportunity missed here I think.

2 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Just disappointed! - the new logo does not convey any meaning to me at all.

Did the last one?

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Did the last one?

Yes - to me it conveyed 'waves' and a French feeling - as others have commented. I had hoped for something more radical, perhaps simply making the existing logo much bigger and displayed on the whole side and length of the ship

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nottingham said:

Yes - to me it conveyed 'waves' and a French feeling - as others have commented. I had hoped for something more radical, perhaps simply making the existing logo much bigger and displayed on the whole side and length of the ship

Fun fact for you on a Tuesday:

The red and blue waves signify the south coast of Britain and the northern coast of France; you can see it more clearly in the older logos. This has then evolved into the waves, or flags as some call them, as we know today.

• Like 5

Looks like an Irish Tri Colour with a bit of blue at the top . Some sort of hidden meaning  .

The new logo isn't too bad, but not a fan of the new font - I like the current font a lot better (then again I also prefer the old P&O font as well, maybe I am just stubborn!)

Will miss the stripes on the ferries.

Still trying to work out how a new livery will "embody the emotional side of travelling and holidaying with Brittany Ferries" ?

Quite relieved by the new logo in that it isn't as big a shift from the existing logo as I was expecting! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh before passing final judgement though! 

The 'a' and 'e's have a certain 'Orangina-esq' to them don't you think? ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I thought you were having problems cropping

Nope!- The earlier one was an intentionally partial crop for the purposes of hinting at a tricolour. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

The 'a' and 'e's have a certain 'Orangina-esq' to them don't you think? ;) 

I know what you mean. 

Those three letters look out of place compared to the rest, almost as though they come from a different font. A E E? Humm! Rearrange them and you get EEA. A hint from BF perhaps that they want the UK to remain in the trading block post-Brexit? Ed. 

For me it's a strange question of timing, and perhaps this is something which was put into action a long time ago and has come to fruition at an unfortunate time.

Has BF been making good annual profits in recent years?

Considering other existing concerns, such as fleet standards, continual weather related disruptions, and union behavior - was brand really an issue?

Brexit! It is a terrible time to do this, bookings to France are down across the board what has been reported. I think it will be many years before any overall uplift in the identity of the brand will outweigh current brexit-based financial nerves.

• Like 2

i have edited the logo and put it on Normandie Express not the best looking picture but it shows what it might look like

if u want me to do anymore ships let me know

Picture1.png

Edited by Aiden
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aiden said:

i have edited the logo and put it on Normandie Express not the best looking picture but it shows what it might look like

if u want me to do anymore ships let me know

Picture1.png

Looks good though

The way in which the blue changes shade and the orange bleeds into red, I wonder if BF were attempting to signify the 4 countries they serve? Taken in that perspective I can see what they were trying to accomplish whilst still retaining a semblance of the original wave motif which to be honest did look far too similar to Emeraude Ferries albeit  in different colours.

1200px-Emeraude_ferries_logo_svg.thumb.png.818fe6cce8ea3afd244eb2f73afd4b92.png

Now there's a link. Sogestran own Pelican... it's small world.

Edited by jonno

It’s just a rehash of an existing theme - probably the most “emotion” the general public will get is shock at peak prices, disgust at cabin prices followed by the devastation of being woken up at what is ostensibly 04:45 UK time sailing to Ouistreham to be chucked out the cabin (which probably wasn’t ready on boarding, and probably not really clean anyway a la Bretagne) when still 30 minutes out.

But if they wanted to assert an identity, I think they missed a trick. For sure something like Moby’s or Tirrenia’s livery is shocking, but there are some very workable brand identities on the likes of Tallink and GNV our there. Even Viking jumped their livery ahead by adding some wavy lines to the red hull.

Then there’s cruise ships... yep, most NCL liveries are rather abstract (although why not have Gaugin inspired art on the side of Pont Aven or lighthouses and coastline on Armorique), but even traditionally more conservative lines like P&O Cruises and Princess have been adding something to the bows and it’s quite classy but fun at the same time.

I just think of you’re going to rebrand, then be bold and go the whole way.

There are a few comments on the BF Twitter feed about the new look. Some are positive, some less so (with comparisons to a new brand of washing powder included). One poster suggested that it was why prices have risen and got this answer: 'No significant rise to base prices since 2015. And only inflationary this year. Book early - and you'll still bag a bargain ;-)'

Can anybody here who does travel regularly corroborate that assertion? 

Ed