Jim

New Look Revealed

36 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Do Connemara and Etretat count? 

It couldn't have been more obvious, could it! That'll teach me to forget about economie. Although I suppose we can't really learn much from them as to what they would do with two identical new builds.

Of course one of the aforementioned ships are BF ships, yet, according to the corporate blurb (😉) from BF the two Eflexers should each have their own character.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, penguin said:

Although I suppose we can't really learn much from them as to what they would do with two identical new builds.

They could put square sugar lumps in one and round sugar lumps in the other for a start. Ed. 😀 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Do Connemara and Etretat count? 

Connemara and Etretat are both 'Visentini' vessels but are not sister-ships effectively. Etretat's sister-ships are the Scottish Viking, Stena Flavia and the now burnt out Norman Atlantic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, penguin said:

Individuality is a big strength. It will be interesting to see what happens with the e-flexers. BF have certainly taken full advantage of the mix of sizes/ages/purposes in the current fleet.  I wonder how or if the two new sister ships will be differentiated. Come to think of it, has BF ever had two sister passenger ferries before?

Coutances & Purbeck? 

Although they were inherited from Truckline.

Edited by nick hall
  • Like 1

Pont-Aven departing Santander earlier today, sporting her new livery (from Instagram).

• Like 4

Looking good! It’s a shame the lettering has gone beneath the funnel but otherwise I think it’s an improvement and she suits the new livery well. 

1 hour ago, jonno said:

As Pont Aven needed sea trials does anyone know what mechanical work was undertaken?

I would think the an overhaul to her engines and props like during every refit, this would explain the sea trials. 'Armorique' also did sea trails this morning before she headed for Cherbourg.

• Thanks 1

Credit to Shipspotting: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2942698

I am actually surprised by how good the livery looks on Pont-Aven. The main stripe makes her look longer and the funnel stripe makes her look lower, so overall a sleeker visual effect.

The logo still looks like that of an energy firm and that funnel is still ghastly, not that she needs it there, she’s chucking out dirty stuff.

38BB903C-E659-4AB0-885A-FA4CC4DCDB36.jpeg

35B557A4-5DA9-4DD5-81D8-18F9EA8475D1.jpeg

77E3894F-1E35-4ACF-9B9E-F1489750BA63.jpeg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Seashore said:

she’s chucking out dirty stuff.

Has to burn low sulphur diesel through DPF's when in a EU port and inshore waters.

8 hours ago, jonno said:

As Pont Aven needed sea trials does anyone know what mechanical work was undertaken?

That new go-faster blue stripe is bound to have affected the handling. Ed. 

• Like 1

The new logo looks really smart on her. I'm not sold on the stripe across the front though, I personally don't think it suits that shape. It looks almost like a batman and robin mask!

It does seem a shame that there doesn't appear (from what I can see) to be any name-plates any more, you'd think the flagship would have these.

7 hours ago, penguin said:

The new logo looks really smart on her. I'm not sold on the stripe across the front though, I personally don't think it suits that shape. It looks almost like a batman and robin mask!

Same. I think it may have been better with the stripes at the bottom - now it looks a bit random just placed there

Hate to pitch i again on this topic but the loss of the blue red striping on the vessels is a poor move, the vessels look far too minimalist, modern but not as good as before.

Just seen Pont Aven coming into Portsmouth, albeit via the harbour entrance webcam and HMS Warrior (in colour..sort of)..did look different obviously, it was dark and the cameras weren`t the best...but it did look good..There was too much reflection of light around the funnel so the logo could only be seen, partially.