Jim

New Look Revealed

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but on the BF Twitter exchange there is a message which states that the Economie brand will also be getting a new logo. It's difficult to be sure if they mean the same new look as the rest of the fleet but my interpretation would be that it's going to be different. Sorry Gareth, it looks like the sub-brand is here to stay for a while yet. Ed. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but on the BF Twitter exchange there is a message which states that the Economie brand will also be getting a new logo. It's difficult to be sure if they mean the same new look as the rest of the fleet but my interpretation would be that it's going to be different. Sorry Gareth, it looks like the sub-brand is here to stay for a while yet. Ed. 

That`s all very well but will they be taking dogs????

34 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Well, what do I know?!

I guess it has to stay for Connemara and Etretat.  And while it’s there (and especially given that her tenure is not going to be long), it might as well be retained on BDS.

What I am interested in is whether they are going to keep marketing Le Havre as Economie once Normandie has moved across to it.  From what I remember of what someone said a while back, the prices being quoted for Normandie are exactly the same as those being quoted for Etretat.

6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Yes, but only mongrels. Ed. 😀 

With a special discount for those who take their own breakfast? 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gareth said:

With a special discount for those who take their own breakfast? 🤣

I still can't understand why those Yapp Fido Rolls haven't caught on yet. 

Ed

41 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Is it just me or has the banner at the top of this page just taken on a decidedly oriental look? Ed. 

so it would seem...odd

Surprised Barfleur didn’t get it during her mini overhaul in Cherbourg.

By the time we get to summer 2019 I think it will just be MSM and Barfleur in the old livery.  They won’t bother with Tat if she’s leaving the fleet.

16 minutes ago, Andy said:

The new livery has now been applied to the Bretagne in Le Havre. She's lost iconic her forward blue stripes. :( 

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/brittany-ferries-le-bretagne-arbore-le-nouveau-logo

I feared this and oh god she looks awful- okay not awful but. Why did they bother, why remove the iconic stripes?! 

Edited by georgem7

I take it the blue line will be extended around the bow? It seems a shame she couldn't have been dry-docked and given the full treatment, it's not like there isn't time.

4 hours ago, Gareth said:

Surprised Barfleur didn’t get it during her mini overhaul in Cherbourg.

Yes, they had the opportunity. I wonder why not! Could it be that they are planning to give her the new Economie logo that is apparently coming or do they have other plans? Ed. 

Could argue they dropped a ball there as now with the larger public area windows being in white, the rust and thus her age, will show up even more to those sat inside.  All ships rust obviously, but the blue was good at disguising it to the casual observer.  

12 hours ago, Andy said:

The new livery has now been applied to the Bretagne in Le Havre. She's lost iconic her forward blue stripes. :( 

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/brittany-ferries-le-bretagne-arbore-le-nouveau-logo

*sigh. why? just why? Anyone who thinks this new livery and logo looks better is a fool  - BF has lost its identity. 

Bretagne does look awful. So much worse than before.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Le Quiberon said:

*sigh. why? just why? Anyone who thinks this new livery and logo looks better is a fool  - BF has lost its identity. 

Bretagne does look awful. So much worse than before.

In light of what you have posted, and what the rest of us have said over the last couple of weeks, but leaving aside the emotional attachment we may have to individual vessels, I suggest everyone go back to Jim's OP (as I just did) and see if that corporate waffle actually makes any sense now we have seen the repainted ships in the flesh. I can't say it does to me (and seems more like a pointless money-wasting exercise at a time when there are clearly other priorities) but maybe when I discover the new sugar wrappers on PA next week it will all become clear. Ed. 

• Like 2

It’s not really about the ships in my opinion it’s anout marketing and using the logos on social media and advertising making the logo stand out on them, once customers are on the ship they’ve paid their £ € , so I suppose the ships just have to look good online or in a brochure (remember them?).

Have to say, I get that people will have views on whether they think the new branding is an improvement or not over the old one.  But I do find some of the terminology being used, and the strength of feeling being expressed, to be slighlty out of kilter with a reasonable sense of perspective on what really matters in life! 😉

13 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

It’s not really about the ships in my opinion it’s anout marketing and using the logos on social media and advertising making the logo stand out on them, once customers are on the ship they’ve paid their £ € , so I suppose the ships just have to look good online or in a brochure (remember them?).

I take your point Neil but in that case why not first simply doctor the photos and logos used in the marketing material but leave the ships untouched until they can determine if it actually makes a difference. I doubt that many passengers see what's painted on the ships' sides and those that do may not spot the difference compared to their booking confirmation etc. If it's all about the perception of the company which incites you to book a trip then it's what you see online, what you read about on TripAdvisor and what you experience on board that count, not the wavy lines or dumbed-down, ever-so-trendy font. Ed. 

I'm not sure that the new look is an improvement and haveing more of the ship in the same colour saves time when it  comes to repainting. 

I would rather they spent a bit of time on the interior which is feeling quite tired.

Last crossing we were in a cabin on deck 2 and it felt really neglected.

Rhys

• Like 2

Penlan, I agree with you about the interior. When we last travelled on the Bretagne, back in November, the carpet of our cabin on Deck 6 was very threadbare, so I hope they are replacing them during her layover. I took a photo, although I didn’t do anything with it in the end. Gives a very bad impression 

• Like 1

On 21/12/2018 at 17:24, Cabin-boy said:

Yes, they had the opportunity. I wonder why not! Could it be that they are planning to give her the new Economie logo that is apparently coming or do they have other plans? Ed. 

I asked about her on a Facebook page and someone who works for BF said that she will be getting hers done next year, so when ahe goes for refit probably.  NEX is being done next year as well.

Edited by Khaines

On 21/12/2018 at 12:46, Andy said:

This makes me sad - that's an image of my childhood trashed! It looks awful anyway, but the fact the rest of the hull appears to have not been painted really doesn't help (hopefully that gets changed).

• Like 2