Jim

New Look Revealed

50 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Well the funnel isn't anthing like as bad as the scaffolding disaster on Pont Aven.

One thing being really terrible doesn't mean we should be grateful for something else which is merely horrible.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Brittany Ferries even have the new logo on the Boarding Passes. 😃

I hope they ensure consistency between logo on boarding pass and logo on ship funnel!  If BDS is keeping the current livery then her boarding passes should keep the old logo! 😀

1 minute ago, Gareth said:

I hope they ensure consistency between logo on boarding pass and logo on ship funnel!  If BDS is keeping the current livery then her boarding passes should keep the old logo! 😀

The Boarding Passes in Portsmouth had the old logo, in Ouistreham, they had the new logo. Probably using the old cards up first.

Brittany Ferries told me in a DM on Twitter that there are no plans to put the new livery on BdS.

9 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Brittany Ferries even have the new logo on the Boarding Passes. 😃

Pass1.jpg

Well, that's a weight off my mind. It was clearly a priority. Now, what about the sugar cubes? 😀 Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Well, that's a weight off my mind. It was clearly a priority. Now, what about the sugar cubes? 😀 Ed. 

Unfortunately not! With regards to the ship interior, there doesn't appear to be any change since refit except from some new carpets in some areas. Apart from that, no noticeable difference. There is a Doggy Exercise Area on the portside of Deck 9 where the stores are loaded, I didn't sail on 'Normandie' last year so I'm not sure how long that's been there.

21 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

If it isn’t on the shower curtains I’m never sailing with them again.

• Haha 1

This is the image of Bretagne on the top of the Club Voyage news letter complete with her Admiral stripes.

Brittany FerriesO

Edited by jonno
  • Confused 1

On 12/02/2019 at 09:22, Cabin-boy said:

I didn't get new ones in either Ouistreham or Portsmouth. 😣 And the sugar cubes have not been changed yet either. 😭

Ed

DSC_0946.JPG

One would imagine it could potentially take a few years before the new logo is universally applied to all merchandise.

Although I am not a huge fan of the new logo (it has grown on me a touch) but it is the removal and simplifying of the vessels unique paint schemes, striping etc that has disappointing me the most.

• Like 4

I recall a new company financial director making his mark by reducing the colours used on stationery printing, signs etc - the savings were quite impressive! - I wouldn't be surprised if sugar  cubes etc get a monochrome version of the logo.

8 minutes ago, Paully said:

looks quite nice photoshopped in the semi gloom

I like the old one better... more vibrant!

• Like 1

Oh its good to be travelling on the Bretagne again !    If it arrives at St Malo in the morning why does it have to leave the berth before loading for the evening sailing ?

Anyway it afforded good views of the new logos on funnel and side as it re-docked, but driving onboard last night  WHAT’S THAT ???  the old logo and typeface are still there over the stern door, did somebody forget that one ?   

3 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

why does it have to leave the berth before loading for the evening sailing

Probably due to Condor needing the berth for the Rapide to dock coming back from Jersey or Guernsey. Ed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Probably due to Condor needing the berth for the Rapide to dock coming back from Jersey or Guernsey. Ed. 

Is the other berth not used anymore?

I cant remember the last time I saw a ship on that berth. It may have been Condor 10 many years ago. I have a feeling they don't like using it, maybe due to the available draft or because any vessel on there hinders access to the adjacent lock gates. Someone will know the real reason. Ed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I cant remember the last time I saw a ship on that berth. It may have been Condor 10 many years ago. I have a feeling they don't like using it, maybe due to the available draft or because any vessel on there hinders access to the adjacent lock gates. Someone will know the real reason. Ed. 

I'm really confused, is this separate to the main berth and the second one the Condor cats use? I'm not sure where we are talking about!

No, it's the second one. There are just the two options and almost everyone uses the newer (main) berth 2. The older, original, berth 1 is the virtually abandoned one. Ed.