Jim

New Look Revealed

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

No, it's the second one. There are just the two options and almost everyone uses the newer (main) berth 2. The older, original, berth 1 is the virtually abandoned one. Ed. 

I thought the Codor cats often used it when Bretagne is in? I've got photos if you like!

• Like 1

The ramp on the other berth is narrow and not in good shape, so only used by Condor if BF are using the main berth. BF vacate if staying during the day and the Goodwill is coming in (Saturdays)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I cant remember the last time I saw a ship on that berth. It may have been Condor 10 many years ago. I have a feeling they don't like using it, maybe due to the available draft or because any vessel on there hinders access to the adjacent lock gates. Someone will know the real reason. Ed. 

It is used by Condor Rapide when berth 2 is unavailable.  The first sailing to Jersey often leaves from this berth (and Rapide tends to stay at it overnight) when Bretagne is also in.  Rapide reverts to using berth 2 later in the day after Bretagne has sailed.  Berth 1 is definitely usable, but is narrow and not the berth of choice.

6 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

No, it's the second one. There are just the two options and almost everyone uses the newer (main) berth 2. The older, original, berth 1 is the virtually abandoned one. Ed. 

It's only ever been a fast craft berth.  BF has always used berth 2, even from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

It is used by Condor Rapide when berth 2 is unavailable.  The first sailing to Jersey often leaves from this berth (and Rapide tends to stay at it overnight) when Bretagne is also in.  Rapide reverts to using berth 2 later in the day after Bretagne has sailed.  Berth 1 is definitely usable, but is narrow and not the berth of choice.

I've now found it - as demonstrated here...

20180916_095010.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

At least we haven’t got Ed Sheeran on the side of the ships.

Did he just try the catering options? Ed. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Did he just try the catering options? Ed. 

That`s where the triangular rolls have gone☺️

• Haha 1

Barfleur I think will be the worst vessel in the fleet to have an ‘identity crisis’ for old logos/typefaces...

If you know the right places to look, you can still see the Truckline logo/font & elsewhere, all over the ship, you can see the 80’s, 90’s & noughties  BF logo, I assume the ship will soon to be followed by the ‘new logo’ 

(oh no.... am I turning into ‘one of those people’ on here that talks non-stop about the dreaded “B” word into any thread, even when it’s not needed ?!?). 🤪

Edited by daves_pad!

51 minutes ago, daves_pad! said:

I assume the ship will soon to be followed by the ‘new logo’ 

Indeed, she'll be getting the new logo in 2020 after the 'Mont St Michel'.

34 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Indeed, she'll be getting the new logo in 2020 after the 'Mont St Michel'.

Beings as she currently wears the one window stripe look, I cannot see her looking too dramatically different. 

Everything at Plymouth now appears to have been upgraded to the new logo - signs on the exterior of the terminal building, check in booths, gantry signs, 'thank you for travelling' sign at the exit of the port and even their electric Renault Kangoo quayside van.

20190820_120513.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/06/2019 at 00:15, Le Quiberon said:

Damn that fontage and logo looks so good! 

That is the style before last. The 90's font... there was at least one in between then and now.

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Everything at Plymouth now appears to have been upgraded to the new logo - signs on the exterior of the terminal building, check in booths, gantry signs, 'thank you for travelling' sign at the exit of the port and even their electric Renault Kangoo quayside van.

20190820_120513.jpg

Shower curtains?! 

:D

25 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

That is the style before last. The 90's font... there was at least one in between then and now.

Are you sure? BF used this font from 1984 - 2004.

VDL.jpg.64dc2c42365a0c8acdaa39ef71082734.jpg

Damn that huge logo and typeface looked incredible on the Val - as well as the unique paint scheme.

It is something I very often comment on, it baffles me why BF went for the minimalist look on today's fleet .

8 hours ago, jonno said:

Are you sure? BF used this font from 1984 - 2004.

VDL.jpg.64dc2c42365a0c8acdaa39ef71082734.jpg

Ahhhh, the Val. 

• Like 1