Jim

New Look Revealed

9 hours ago, Le Quiberon said:

Damn that huge logo and typeface looked incredible on the Val - as well as the unique paint scheme.

It is something I very often comment on, it baffles me why BF went for the minimalist look on today's fleet .

The blue hulls painted on her sisters at Portsmouth seemed to make them less imposing, it's the same now at Newcastle since DFDS changed their livery. The same could be said for P.O.B too, she's huge but her blue hull made her look smaller than her sister. I think BF are wise to keep their hulls white, ships stand out far more when they're painted a contrasting colour to the sea.

30 minutes ago, jonno said:

ships stand out far more when they're painted a contrasting colour to the sea.

Like orange, for instance! 🤣

7 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Like orange, for instance! 🤣

Not forgetting light blue funnels either, outstanding... literally!

21 hours ago, Paul said:

Everything at Plymouth now appears to have been upgraded to the new logo - signs on the exterior of the terminal building, check in booths, gantry signs, 'thank you for travelling' sign at the exit of the port and even their electric Renault Kangoo quayside van.

20190820_120513.jpg

21 hours ago, Paul said:

Everything at Plymouth now appears to have been upgraded to the new logo - signs on the exterior of the terminal building, check in booths, gantry signs, 'thank you for travelling' sign at the exit of the port and even their electric Renault Kangoo quayside van.

20190820_120513.jpg

Great to see the new branding in use at the ports.  How much has been done at the other ports?

21 hours ago, jonno said:

Are you sure? BF used this font from 1984 - 2004.

VDL.jpg.64dc2c42365a0c8acdaa39ef71082734.jpg

That's what I meant Jonno yes. The style before last. Ie. not the current one, or the one before that... (predominantly used in the 90s!:) )

On 21/08/2019 at 14:23, jamess said:

Great to see the new branding in use at the ports.  How much has been done at the other ports?

Just had a photo sent me on Messenger, Poole’s offices have their new logo up.  I’ll try snd go and get a pic.

Edited by Khaines

Well it appears photoshopped versions of MSM, Barfleur and Normandie Express (who have yet to be officially reliveried) have appeared on the website

See

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/mont-st-michel

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/barfleur

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/high-speed-ferry/normandie-express

Would be interesting if they turn out exactly as planned in the photos. I am particularly intrigued why they've decided to effectively move Barfleur's stripe one deck down. What's the point?!? It already exists in one-stripe livery! 

1 hour ago, georgem7 said:

Well it appears photoshopped versions of MSM, Barfleur and Normandie Express (who have yet to be officially reliveried) have appeared on the website

I had a feeling that  'Normandie Express' would only get the BF livery, the Condor livery idea was stupid considering a decision regarding the bid won't be made until next year.

There were versions of 'Barfleur' & 'Mont St Michel' doing the rounds a while ago. As far as I know, 'Normandie Express' is still painted white. I'll find out for sure later on Monday.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

stupid

Way premature, yes.  A bit of harmless speculation, yes.  Ultimately a distinct possibility, yes.  This year, no.  Never, possibly.  Stupid?....

(Care to rephrase?)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, georgem7 said:

See

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/mont-st-michel

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/barfleur

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/high-speed-ferry/normandie-express

Would be interesting if they turn out exactly as planned in the photos. I am particularly intrigued why they've decided to effectively move Barfleur's stripe one deck down. What's the point?!? It already exists in one-stripe livery! 

I saw the one of Barf yesterday as I wanted to check the winter timetables, spotted her appearance in her photo.  Photoshopped the new livery, but must be an old photo to start with as check out the blank illuminated sign...😄

I think Tony was implying it is stupid to rebrand her now with colours reflecting a new life, when that new life has yet to be formally agreed and there’s no 100% certainty it will be. Perhaps ‘not sensible’ rather than stupid.

Chris

11 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Way premature, yes.  A bit of harmless speculation, yes.  Ultimately a distinct possibility, yes.  This year, no.  Never, possibly.  Stupid?....

(Care to rephrase?)

I think that Liberation getting BF livery would have had some choking on their cornflakes - much as I would like to see it.  

I agree that the notion of re-liverying a vessel before any announcement is made about any takeover or merger is completely unrealistic.

I wonder why that decision is taking so long.....and also, the longer it takes, does that make it more likely that the whole plan may fall through in any case?  Maybe one for the CI thread.  (In passing, it is worth clarifying that most of the speculation about re-branding the HSCs took place at a time when I think most of us were expecting an announcement on the BF bid before refit season got under way....at which time it was not implausible).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Having travelled on Liberation earlier  this year, I don't understand why BF would want their brand associated with the beast!

Beast? No! Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde maybe. On a good day she's still the best way to get across the channel. Ed. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gareth said:

(Care to rephrase?)

Some people need to remember the “respect” rules of the forum , in my opinion.

• Like 1

I am not sure anyone was being serious about the immediate Condor branding, I certainly wasn’t in my contributions to it. That is why I like this forum, it combines the serious stuff with a bit of light hearted fun.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I am not sure anyone was being serious about the immediate Condor branding,

I don't think any of us were. 

Rumours generate speculation. Speculation results in suggestions. Suggestions lead to ideas. Ideas turn into flights of fancy.

Gareth is right that we all jumped on the idea of rebranding the moment the story broke. An announcement looked imminent. There was, therefore, no harm in a little speculation. Nobody produced a photoshopped image of NEX in Condor livery as we've previously been told not to play around with official photos. Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

(Care to rephrase?)

Thank You to @Fine Whine for a sensible reply to my comment, It seemed pretty obvious to me that the Condor livery would not go on NEX. If BF win the bid, I believe the Condor name will be gone forever. I read in the French press that a decision may not be likely until the latter part of 2020 (quoted by Jean-Marc Roué), but I don't trust all stories I read as my translation isn't that great. I also put the question to BF privately, they said there was no truth in the rumour that NEX would be getting that livery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khaines said:

I think that Liberation getting BF livery would have had some choking on their cornflakes - much as I would like to see it.  

I'd like to see it:

1. It would mean Brittany Ferres had purchased Condor. 

2. Hopefully Libby would be then moved well away from these islands onto another BF route.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Beast? No! Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde maybe. On a good day she's still the best way to get across the channel. Ed. 

Yes Definitely a Jekyll and Hyde though.  Totally agree, Ed. I love travelling on her, as said many times, I have “experienced” her in both fine and bad weather.  I have to book her up soon as I need to visit a couple of places in Guernsey, but am waiting for the weather to calm down a bit with all this rain and a few sunny days to do it.  Looking forward to getting out on her again

• Like 1

BF securing financing and doing due diligence on Condor would take months. I've seen business sales drag on for almost a year as people tried to work out the details. I'd be surprised if anything was confirmed until the new year.

4 hours ago, Khaines said:

I saw the one of Barf yesterday as I wanted to check the winter timetables, spotted her appearance in her photo.  Photoshopped the new livery, but must be an old photo to start with as check out the blank illuminated sign...😄

The NEX Photoshop pic looks like crap!

• Like 1