Jim

New Look Revealed

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

How about you let us know when you are back from the pub? Ed. 

Monday. Maybe. Definitely maybe. I'm off to Cornwall for a harmonious blend of blue sea, green land and orange cider.

The font should be slightly more 'normal' momentarily. Apologies to anyone who saw a 'wonky' version of the site for a few minutes.

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

I'm off to Cornwall for a harmonious blend of blue sea, green land and orange cider.

That's what I like to see, creativity.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

You`ll know he`s back from the pub when the font changes again and you can`t read it 🤣

Your apostrophes appear to have changed direction. Or is it just part of the new look font? Ed. 

Surely the point of the new logo is to remind us that BF is Europe's largest group of ship-owning farmers.

A great bit of one-upmanship at the next Salon International de l'Agriculture:

Jacques: Have you bought a new tractor?

To which Yannick gives him a look: Tractors? Everybody has tractors. We've got three new ships...!

Game, set and match to the Breton farmers.

• Haha 1

On 20/11/2018 at 11:22, Jim said:

Brittany Ferries is adding a splash of colour to its ships, with a bright new logo in striking shades of blue, orange and green. The new design, which comes with a more modern, warm and lyrical typeface, will be applied to each ship during refit, and will eventually be emblazoned on the side of every vessel’s hull and funnel.

The French usually are.

As the wife says when I’m admiring my good looks in the mirror “luckily for you it’s what’s on the inside that matters” but yeah she’s looking good.

On 26/11/2018 at 18:39, TonyMWeaver said:

New livery on 'Armorique', we can't see the funnel though. I like this new livery!

Image: Pawel Pablo

46854988_1087016051466541_5840032899713204224_n.jpg

It's just as well the Poles are good at plumbing and painting as they are clearly hopeless at parking. Ed. 

The new logo is growing on me too. I do find it looks better above the name (like it used to be) as seen on the BF website header rather than in front of the name as on the ships. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy

7 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

The new logo is growing on me too. I do find it looks better above the name (like it used to be) as seen on the BF website header rather than in front of the name as on the ships. Ed. 

That (logo above) was, hypothetically, the easiest way to replace the old logo with the new without needing to shrink it etc. 

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

That (logo above) was, hypothetically, the easiest way to replace the old logo with the new without needing to shrink it etc. 

I agree but think it doesn't stand out quite as much as it could or should. Ed. 

22 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Some imaginative marketing using the new logo.

I bet it's not a free-house and the drinks will be sold by the litre. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy

On 26/11/2018 at 19:39, TonyMWeaver said:

New livery on 'Armorique', we can't see the funnel though. I like this new livery!

Image: Pawel Pablo

46854988_1087016051466541_5840032899713204224_n.jpg

I’m still not completely convinced, just as I wasn’t when I had a sneak preview 4 months ago....😉. I can see what the company are trying to achieve but to my mind the angle Is wrong but hey ho, you’ll never please everyone.

Armorique is looking good, it looks as though her blue strip on deck 7 has been extended (I think that’s new)  and there’s something going on at the top of the funnel stack. We’ll find out soon enough when she gets back to where she really belongs ....🤓

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

I’m still not completely convinced, just as I wasn’t when I had a sneak preview 4 months ago....😉. I can see what the company are trying to achieve but to my mind the angle Is wrong but hey ho, you’ll never please everyone.

Armorique is looking good, it looks as though her blue strip on deck 7 has been extended (I think that’s new)  and there’s something going on at the top of the funnel stack. We’ll find out soon enough when she gets back to where she really belongs ....🤓

Chris

On 20/11/2018 at 18:39, BAI4 said:

Fun fact for you on a Tuesday:

The red and blue waves signify the south coast of Britain and the northern coast of France; you can see it more clearly in the older logos. This has then evolved into the waves, or flags as some call them, as we know today.

I think they've actually moved the deck stripe from deck 6 to deck 7. They've also removed the blue paint underneath the lifeboats. Interested to see the blue on the funnel - matches the artist impressions of the Honfleur!

Never knew the history of the very strange first BF logo - always wondered what it represented!

Edited by quibby

I really do not like the new livery at all although it appears I am in a minority.

I will personally miss the blue and red/orange.

Really loved the logo typeface from the 90's - to mid 00's which looked so intimidating on the Val.

This may sound dramatic but for me BF will never be the same again, sad news indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, neilcvx said:

@Fine Whine I hope she’s looking good on the inside too I’m enduring the M5 just so I can get a trip on her again, plus I’ve bought a new car so I can get stocked up on wine when I’m there 😉

Aww Neil, you didn't need to go to all that trouble of buying a new car just for us...!

I think you were just unlucky the last time you headed down to Plymouth; to be honest the A34/M3/M27 route to Portsmouth can be pretty hellish, so as long as you leave as early as possible expecting the worst, hopefully your 2019 trip will be trouble free.

Chris

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Le Quiberon said:

I really do not like the new livery at all although it appears I am in a minority.

I will personally miss the blue and red/orange.

Really loved the logo typeface from the 90's - to mid 00's which looked so intimidating on the Val.

This may sound dramatic but for me BF will never be the same again, sad news indeed. 

I know where you're coming from Quib...for me those blue and orange stripes were quintessential BF but things move on, alas.

This minimalist look is currently en vogue for most corporate rebranding efforts and I guess BF are no different in having to change with the times. But, whatever happens, most of us know underneath BF is still a little bit special. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zuludelta said:

I know where you're coming from Quib...for me those blue and orange stripes were quintessential BF but things move on, alas.

This minimalist look is currently en vogue for most corporate rebranding efforts and I guess BF are no different in having to change with the times. But, whatever happens, most of us know underneath BF is still a little bit special. 

I must admit I was far more partial to the blue/red.

That's really interesting as I'd say they're going in the opposite direction, with all the details on the lettering, gradients etc. If anything I'd say the old logo/typeface was more clean and minimal. It's slowly growing on me, but it will take a while to get used to. It looks best in the PR materials I think.