Sign in to follow this  
alleeganger10

Normandie to have “Dog Friendly” Cabins in 2019

According to the current Voyage magazine, Normandie will have so called Dog Friendly cabins in 2019 prior to arrival of Honfleur.

We asked on board at the Information Desk, while the person manning the desk did not seem to know, her colleague told us that the cabins would be those located on the port side of Deck 6 adjacent to the car Deck, with access via the lift to an excercise  area  on Deck 9  Between the Bridge and the bar, near the crane which loads the mini containers onto the ship, an outside deck I did not know existed till yesteday.

Obviously this addition is being paid for by the unheralded increase in Pet Travel fares recently introduced. 

Good new for all pet owners,there is a big problem getting a pet friendly cabin.with a lot of people taking there pets with them.just a few years ago it was easy to get a pet friendly cabin most of the year but now you have book well in advance.

This will allow for a seamless move to the Le Havre route whenever that happens as the Honfleur and Etretat have DF cabins and this will make it simple to change the Honfleur start date without suffering from loud barks of complaint.

I booked dog friendly cabins on the Normandie when the new timetables were issued in July. The tickets that were emailed showed that we have been allocated cabins on deck 5 in the block 5304 to 5315 

11 minutes ago, nottingham said:

😒Are there any pet free ships?

Yes, NEX (in the passenger space at least). But you might find my kids on board which may be worse. Ed. 😀 

I dont want to make this political but I've copied and pasted BF's own advice if (heavens forbid) we end up with no Brexit deal over the coming months. My French colleagues are now looking at me with incredulity at what's been going on over the last few weeks in Westminster and where we might end up after the vote tonight.

I have 2 pooches who spend the summer with me in France, winter in the Emsworth with Mrs FW but I rarely know what I'm doing 1 week ahead, never mind 3 - 4 months....:S

Chris

Travelling with a pet after 29 March 2019

After 29 March 2019, you will still be able to travel with your pet to Europe whether a deal is reached between the United Kingdom and the European Union on the terms of exit, or not. In the event of there being "No Deal", you may need to take some additional steps and what follows is the best advice we've been able to secure for you and your pet to continue enjoying travel to France and Spain.

To ensure you have all you need to travel with your pet after 29 March 2019, the UK Government recommends that you contact your vet at least 4 months in advance of travel.

The requirements for travel would include making sure that your pet is effectively vaccinated against rabies. This would require:

• An up-to-date rabies vaccination
  • A blood test to demonstrate sufficient levels of rabies antibody

The blood test would need to be carried out a minimum of 30 days after any initial rabies vaccination and a minimum of 3 months before your travel date.

More information can be found on the Government's website on Pet Travel if there's no Brexit deal.

Like all of us just hope everything does not go belly up after brexit in whatever form it is going to be.a bit of a worry for pet owners and people without pets.the times we live in is a minefield.