Sign in to follow this  
Khaines

Armorique in Poole 12-12-18

Armorique during her visit to Poole this year.  Took the photos from my second choice of spot due the the bus service I use to get to Sandbanks being suspended due to the Bramble Bush Bay being out of service.  Bit chilly this morning, quite a nip in the wind in Poole Harbour!

03E7140A-EEA1-45A5-9579-71FDB52AD6E4.jpeg

3D4F46D5-C234-4CD8-8604-3B6D93E6255C.jpeg

98E32903-EB68-4AD4-BD12-B7A55816FEFB.jpeg

AFF964C8-BCAD-4A0B-9354-D19180F38C7D.jpeg

0C03CF15-6992-4877-B9BE-C27CA28E1AC4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

I don't like the new font very much, looks like paint is flaking off on some of the letters.

It does a bit!

Good shots! The new livery does suit her - to be fair, I think it works on 2/2 so far so perhaps whilst less 'customised' than those of old they might be more suitable.

(P.S. BF, if we're adding blue bits back, can we have the ones on the rear stairs of the Normandie back please? Ta!)

• Like 6

Lovely photos Brigitte,

Now can we have our ship back please, please, pleeease!

Oh good, she’s here tomorrow night, weather permitting and about time too...:D

Chris

• Like 1

Booked on Ply-Ros 23/12 overnighter with a club plus cabin. Hopefully it won't be to rough. I have got very good sea legs but my girlfriend gets seasick fairly rapidly.

1 hour ago, crechbleiz said:

Booked on Ply-Ros 23/12 overnighter with a club plus cabin. Hopefully it won't be to rough. I have got very good sea legs but my girlfriend gets seasick fairly rapidly.

Dramamine, my missus swears by it although it's not readily available in the UK.

2 hours ago, crechbleiz said:

Sounds like my crossings, got the Mrs some kwells and a few of the ginger biscuits in the shop onboard she said they helped although her mouth was on fire apparently .

Queezibics Travel Sickness Ginger Biscuits https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NH534PY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1NAeCb9HFD05F

7 hours ago, jonno said:

Dramamine, my missus swears by it although it's not readily available in the UK.

I don’t get seasickness as such, I get headaches and nausea caused by migraines which I can get on buses as well.  And sometimes cars, funny enough never trains.  I have put it down to diesel fumes triggering migraines.  I have taken a variety of travel sickness pills but the pills that work are Migralieve pink ones - in which I am down to my last two which I would have taken on Sunday.  Chemists say they have been difficult to get hold of for months and they are as such, out of stock.  They contain am anti nausea drug which seems to do the trick.

My problems have been worse since I had a couple of endoscopies a few years ago, they seem to have damaged the nerves in my throat and stomach which I am sure has caused some of my problems, become a lot more sensitive.  Migralieve seemed to work so hope they get some more pretty soon.

7 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Sounds like my crossings, got the Mrs some kwells and a few of the ginger biscuits in the shop onboard she said they helped although her mouth was on fire apparently .

Queezibics Travel Sickness Ginger Biscuits https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NH534PY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1NAeCb9HFD05F

They sell those biscuits in the shops on board, bought some on Barfy, more in that case though, to dip in my coffee as I l

do like ginger bickies as well as their purpose.

10 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Lovely photos Brigitte,

Chris

Been quite funny really having her here as people in Poole tend to get a bit confused.  Had it yesterday - a group of Jehovah’s Witnesses doing their rounds and offering me literature while I was taking the pictures.  They were saying that “that isn’t the Barfleur is it”  I duly explained who she was, why she was here, where she works from, where Barf is and when she is coming back.  It happens a fair bit when Armorique is here, people are so used to Barfy swanning in and out, that it is like someone has moved the furniture around...😄

Meanwhile, also took this pic of Bramble Bush Bay moored on the quayside before she was towed back to Sandbanks to resume her duties.  Then it was my turn to wonder about the furniture being moved around as I did not recognise her at first when I arrived at the Quay.  So took the opportunity of a quick pic.  

Poole will be back to normal soon, we have also had Condor Rapide standing in for Libby while she was in Falmouth, she has now returned.  We have had the Sandbanks chain ferry moored at the port, and Armorique standing in for Barfleur.  So not the usual sights of Poole for a few days! 

3862E58D-8D5C-490A-B9AB-C3FCD58493D2.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jonno said:

Thanks for the tip. She uses Tanganil and it works quite well. 

The alternative was to travel Portsmouth to St Malo on the 9hrs day crossing but it can be a long excruciating trip for those suffering from sea sickness 

12 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Lovely photos Brigitte,

Chris

Albeit for a couple of weeks before she's off again!

I plan to get some pictures of her on Sunday whilst she is berthed in Plymouth all day.

Yes Armorique is due back in Plymouth tomorrow, but for the last week this is a photo of the only ferry we had. There should have been two others like it but they weren't running - so long delays and traffic chaos. 

IMG_0545.JPG