Jim

Honfleur - The Launch

Keep an eye on the BFE Twitter feed in the next 24 hours (www.twitter.com/bfenthusiasts) - Andy is on-site in Germany and attending the launch. He'll be sharing photos and videos as he goes. The launch is expected at 11.45 CET tomorrow (10.45 GMT).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, giloine said:

They bring water in the hall !!

Are we sure? One of Andy's photos was them greasing the slipway ahead of today's launch

3 minutes ago, giloine said:

we can see the water on the livecam !

Fear not giloine the hall is designed that way, it stops the stern digging too deep when released, she begins to float earlier in the launch process.

Well spotted.

I'm really excited ...... when I was young, I followed the construction of the Barfleur and Normandy .... that memory! (i have the 1992 newspapers articles yet !)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

Are we sure? One of Andy's photos was them greasing the slipway ahead of today's launch

Perhaps he's in his bath with one of those plastic ferries they sell in beach shops, trying to reenact the event. 😀 Ed. 

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

Perhaps he's in his bath with one of those plastic ferries they sell in beach shops, trying to reenact the event. 😀 Ed. 

Careful... I already have a wealth of greased slipway jokes.

Just now, Eddies said:

Webcam now taken down ;-((

I thought that too but keep playing with it. I think it's more to do with the volume logging on to watch.