Khaines

Armorique hits dock in Roscoff

Just a litte bit more than that David, apparently she whacked the linkspan with gusto. Early boarding has been cancelled, they're still working on her now. And she'd only just returned from dry dock......:S

• Thanks 1

Customers in the shop today who were on deck said she approached the linkspan too quickly and was always going to make contact. The weather was pretty foul at the time with a big swell so maybe that had something to do with it. When we get one of the crew in I'll make enquiries.

Chris

• Thanks 1

It's been blowing quite hard here today and chucking it down. They were forecasting 100kmph gusts for Finistere this afternoon I believe so it would have been pretty unpleasant out there. Ed. 

• Like 1

Hopefully they fed and watered all the folks who were stranded on board - especially if they were expecting to get off an have something to eat on shore.

It is extremely blowy here on the Devon Atlantic coast today.

I was told by someone on board who sailed on 'Armorique' last night that the ramp jammed but don't know if it was the linkspan ramp or ships ramp. No mention of the ship hitting the dock. If the ship did hit the dock, it can't have been that bad as he never felt it.

10 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Wonder if they're "just in case" seeing how quickly they could get Bretagne back out..

Or they could switch PA over to cover if there is a real problem. I am unable to find out if the dockers' strike in St Malo is over or ongoing. Colin may know more. Ed. 

9 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I was told by someone on board who sailed on 'Armorique' last night that the ramp jammed but don't know if it was the linkspan ramp or ships ramp. No mention of the ship hitting the dock. If the ship did hit the dock, it can't have been that bad as he never felt it.

20,000 tonnes or so travelling at a few feet per second is an enormous amount of energy. Its got to go somewhere. You'll feel it.

SFD

• Like 1

Armorique departed over 4 hours late last night for the sailing to Plymouth.  However, she appears to have made up the time, as she is on the approach to Plymouth now.

On 16/12/2018 at 07:33, Paul said:

Armorique departed over 4 hours late last night for the sailing to Plymouth.  However, she appears to have made up the time, as she is on the approach to Plymouth now.

I was on that sailing.

Didn't start loading until 22:00 whilst they worked on it - after that they loaded everything pretty quickly. Departure was then delayed until 1am utc because of the weather, winds we forecast to drop off by then. Arrival in Plymouth was more or less on time and considering the weather conditions the crossing was reasonable.

• Like 1

Just arrived at Plymouth and Armorique is berthed stern in.  She was the usual bow in on Sunday so perhaps they"ve been doing some maimtenence work today.

She berthed stern in at Roscoff yesterday afternoon, so we had to drive through deck 3 to leave the ship.  The linkspan looked to be in it's highest position as we docked but they were able to lower it to meet the ships ramp.

Sailings are still being rescheduled at Roscoff.

26/12/18 Roscoff to Plymouth 13:25 - We are sorry to advise that due to tidal restrictions and damage to the ramp at Roscoff, check in will begin at 09:00, boarding will commence at 10:25, with latest check in at 10:50. The ship will depart as scheduled at 13:25, arriving into Plymouth at 18:35.

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Sailings are still being rescheduled at Roscoff.

You had me worried for a minute, the change was announced on Friday (I think) and I thought it was a further change...!!