Sign in to follow this  
John M

Club Voyage

Good morning all. I have a France Club Voyage membership. If a friend is travelling Cork - Roscoff can I give them my code to get a discount and, if so, does anyone know what discount they would get. Many thanks in anticipation.

John

I used to give my number to a lot of my friends in the past,with no problem.iam not sure but I think I read about new rules coming in about this subject.my advice is to just look at the rules of been a club voyage member and it will tell you what you want to know.about the discount I don't know it will be a saving no matter how small or large it will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wortley said:

Sorry. Club Voyage discounts not available on Irish routes. 

Well you have told me some thing I did not know about.wonder why it is like that,no doubt some person out there in the know will let us know.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people giving codes on facebook pages, I thought the terms and conditions say it should be "Friends and Family", some say BF don't mind as they get the custom but if it goes to far surely they'll clamp down on it.

Perhaps someone with direct access to people who know could find out what BF really think about it.

Edited by Solo

Doesn't the card holder or registered associate need to be one of the named passengers so as not to breach GDPR? It's why BF are issuing separate cards to those 3rd parties previously connected with the discount scheme?

6 minutes ago, jonno said:

Doesn't the card holder or registered associate need to be one of the named passengers so as not to breach GDPR? It's why BF are issuing separate cards to those 3rd parties previously connected with the discount scheme?

Don't you mean SELLING cards to 3rd parties.

According to the phone call my wife had from BF everyone will need to buy a card to get the discount. She is the named card holder and I am the Associate but from next April apparently Wives, husbands and children do not get the discount without a card in their name.

Currently AFAIK you can give your number to 2 guests each year. Looks like that will disappear too.

Look guys. The main cardholder is the only one gets the main discount for bookings in his own name for his party accompanying him. You cannot sell cards.

But the OP is asking about the additional Friends and Family discount - and one can give one's code to anyone in that loose category - there are no checks on how close the friendship is. Those friends get"up to10%" on base fares from UK to France or Spain excluding cost of cabins. The cardholder gets £10 a time for recruiting those new customers - up to a max of £150 a year.  

it's all on your documentation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The punishment for transgressing BF rules is quite severe. If they catch the maincardholder advertising his card number openly on forums he looses all his accumulated rewards for that year, he is not allowed any bookings other than one in which he is travelling and the purchasers loose their 10% discount on the fare they have booked with that number in the year.

5 hours ago, John M said:

Good morning all. I have a France Club Voyage membership. If a friend is travelling Cork - Roscoff can I give them my code to get a discount and, if so, does anyone know what discount they would get. Many thanks in anticipation.

John

I raised this some time ago on the Gijon thread and more recently on the Connemara thread. I have a CV Spain card and have tried to use it on the Roscoff / Cork route and the Santander / Cork route to no avail. At first on the shorter crossing I was told that it was because Ireland uses the euro but when I pointed out France and Spain also use the euro it changed to BF IRELAND is a separate company.

I was interviewed on Radio Cork together with the Cork Port Commander when the Connemara route was introduced and I raised the issue of the rip off level of fares (as much for a single Santander / Cork Economie ticket as a return Portsmouth / Santander on Pont) but no one came back from BF to explain why the fares were so high or why there is no Club Voyage Ireland.

It seems to me Ireland is truly an island and to France BF compete with IF and their fares are much the same. For Spain the only alternative is to travel via U.K. so 24hrs longer and IF to pay for as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnMustow said:

It seems to me Ireland is truly an island and to France BF compete with IF and their fares are much the same. For Spain the only alternative is to travel via U.K. so 24hrs longer and IF to pay for as well.

How do Stena compare from Rosslare to Cherbourg?

45 minutes ago, jonno said:

How do Stena compare from Rosslare to Cherbourg?

Not looked at that one. Used both BF & IF from Roscoff. Destination in the Republic is 20km north of Cork so that is target destination. Rosslare is well to the east and the roads are not good full of French motor caravans and German Harly’s

Just to clarify things, I fully understand the way I can use my Club Voyage to help a friend. A friend who we meet every year in France normally travels Cork - Roscoff with Ir ish Ferries. IF have now dropped that route and I said that if they ended up on BF then I would let them use my CV family and friends discount. I am in no way trying to use the system against the rules. Thanks for all the answers.

John