Sign in to follow this  
pj34

Brittany Ferries aircraft!

Hi, so around 20 minutes ago I heard what sounded like a small twin engined turboprop flying over my house.

Looked it up on flightradar24 and it was an unusual Piaggio flying from Paris to Morlaix but presumably wanting to fly via Portsmouth to take a look from 8000 feet.

What's really interesting is the reg:  F-HBAI and a very prominent Brittany Ferries logo on the tail.  Does anybody know about this?  Sorry if it's been discussed before.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-hbai 

Cheers

Seems its owned by BAI themselves  (unlike most of their vessels) and seems to be based at Morlaix..Lately seems to have been used to fly between there and Gdansk, unsuprisingly, although has been photographed as far south as Tenerife South airport..obviously investigating new routes etc..😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Clearly being an impoverished cabbage farmer in Brittany, surviving on EU subsidies, has its benefits. 

Ed

Jet ownership (or fractional ownership) is a good bellwether on the health etc of a company. Maybe worth watching.

Stu

17 hours ago, Paully said:

Tenerife South airport.

That certainly explains why my bill for our new-year trip back next week comes to 650€. I assume they were down in the Canaries to discuss the possible out-of-season charter of NEX and not just for a pre-Christmas Jolly Boys' Outing (it beats Margate I suppose!). Let's hope nobody from the French unions finds out about those trips just before the annual salary negotiations, heh! 

Perhaps when it's not being used for such essential trips they could operate a 'flying squad' of cleaning and maintenance staff equipped with dusters, shower-curtain clips and light-bulbs to rectify all the faults we have flagged up recently on Bretagne and other vessels. 

Ed. 

• Haha 1

Nice little turbofan aircraft the Piaggio, twin pushers, fastest propeller driven plane, nearly as fast as a private jet, half the fuel consumption and half the price. As a Euro hopper it's perfect. For a company who could easily afford something bigger and flashier it's a thoughtful choice.

2 hours ago, jonno said:

Nice little turbofan aircraft the Piaggio, twin pushers, fastest propeller driven plane, nearly as fast as a private jet, half the fuel consumption and half the price. As a Euro hopper it's perfect. For a company who could easily afford something bigger and flashier it's a thoughtful choice.

Not quite Jonno. Piaggio admit backup is not good and they are going into military projects. Beautiful plane though.

Stu

2 hours ago, straightfeed said:

Not quite Jonno. Piaggio admit backup is not good and they are going into military projects. Beautiful plane though.

Stu

I thought they made a lot of noise back in the spring about support and new tech etc using their enhanced set up with Saab and United Technologies to help fund the improvement? Oh well.

Thanks Stu.

On 20/12/2018 at 11:36, Jim said:

It's had a busy few days:

image.thumb.png.69eaa584d099b397dffb9683a1bd2ff8.png

Jim, thanks for that, you just gave me an idea. 

If anyone is travelling as a foot passenger,and their crossing is cancelled or delayed, just wait for BF to post their classic phrase 

'Please call 0044 1752 648637 for advice and to discuss alternatives. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.' 

Then click this link:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-hbai

If the corporate jet is anywhere near where you are stranded (and given the above screen-grab, it gets around a bit) demand that you and your baggage are given a priority seat. I can't see how they can refuse. There are airports in Southampton, Bournemouth, Exeter and Newquay to cover all of the UK side of things and Le Havre, Caen, Cherbourg, Dinard and Morlaix in France. 😀 Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 1