Andy

Merry Christmas

On behalf of everyone at BFE may I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year! Thank you again for all of your contributions, photographs and support in general over the past year as without you this website would not exist. 

The team at Flensburg have also sent us the below Christmas greeting, for all BFE-ers :)

#ferrychristmas!

Xmas.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Interesting pic. I can't remember the name of this type of rudder. I read about it a couple of years ago and I remember it has been developed to increase efficiency by eliminating the turbulences behind the hub of the propeller. 

Just now, neilcvx said:

Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks to Andy ant the team for all the effort that goes into keeping the site running.

Same from Nottingham - the work is appreciated!

3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Wishing everyone a peaceful and gently boozy Christmas holiday break and let’s hope 2019 opens lots of new doors...9_9

Chris

Same from me. Is that a hint of positivity I see?
Out of all this gloom and doubt over the last 2 years there seems little to look forward to. Lets kick this negativity into touch, accelerate out of the bend.
The babble from politicians doesn't matter a jot. Its worthless. Society and business does matter. Lets give them our support. Lets push on as Michael Clarke, the cricketer said " See you in the middle and push on until tea".
Lifes too short, lets push on my friends. HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL.

Best

Stu

Best wishes for Christmas to one and all.

Why not spread some yuletide cheer by singing a rousing carol. I suggest:

On the twelfth day of Christmas
the yellow-jackets gave to me:
12 whingers whinging
11 cobbles flying
10 people dying
9 days panic-buying
8 drivers waiting
7 shopkeepers crying
6 weeks of protests
5 dustbins burning
4 financial measures
3 cops attacked
2 toll-booths blocked
and Macron in a real mess

Ed

• Haha 2

Happy Christmas to all on site from up here in the North.

To anyone going on the PA for her Christmas cruise hope you have a super time and look forward to seeing any photos.

We are just about to set off from Worcester.. Fortunately the weather has improved so we expect a good trip. Having been before Antwerp is a great city to visit.

Happy and prosperous, we hope, Xmas and New Year to everyone.

Merry Christmas everyone I hope you and your families all enjoy a peaceful and healthy 2019.

We all agree and we all disagree... so what?

It's the differences of opinions shared by fellow BFE'ers which makes this site such a great place.

A special note to @neilcvx. Maybe my posts to you became a little personal sometimes in 2018, for that I'm sorry, there's no excuse for it.

All the very best.

Iain.

• Like 1

@jonno merry Christmas , it’s all good easier when you’re not a member of the club 😉 , having said that I do tend to drivel on a bit so I will try to curtail that in the new year.

May I wish each and everyone a Happy and peaceful Christmas and a very happy new year to you and yours. Obviously a special year end thanks and acknowledgement to the Admin team for another great year of a job well done. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Very best wishes to all from southern France.

The beauty of this Forum is that, unlike many, discussions seem to me to always be conducted in a polite and considerate manner. That’s as much to do with a firm, but light hand on the tiller from the moderation team and the commonsense of contributors.  So, a smidge of mutual group congratulation wouldn’t go amiss.

Perhaps an opportunity to also thank BF management and employees for their interest and continual sense of real customer service. May that be reflected in a commercially successful 2019.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:08, Fine Whine said:

Wishing everyone a peaceful and gently boozy Christmas holiday break and let’s hope 2019 opens lots of new doors...9_9

Chris

I concur a very Ferry Christmas to everyone, its just got a lot better as I have just found a box of Chateau De Marjolet Cuvee de Samnaga hidden away and unopened. Well it was! Another excellent selection Chris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bisnick said:

I concur a very Ferry Christmas to everyone, its just got a lot better as I have just found a box of Chateau De Marjolet Cuvee de Samnaga hidden away and unopened. Well it was! Another excellent selection Chris.

I’ve got a nice Cave de tain hermitage from some place in Roscoff that I’ve been saving for Christmas Day it will be a very merry ferry Christmas (when I finish work at 11) 

Lang may yer lum reek

• Like 2

Talking of wine, if you Chris (Fine Whine) wants to know about some more than halfway decent CDR producers down here, just contact me.

Several really good places at half (or less) than the silly prices that some Domaines want.  But that won’t be a surprise to you.

Just finished my final glass of the evening of a local wine which retails at €5.50 down here.  Its as good as a Vaucluse CDR at more than 2x the price !

• Like 2