Northy

Government charter

10 minutes ago, jonno said:

Really, what market? If it was there, the sailings would already exist.

It might mean there are some good deals to be had over the next couple of months for those who wish to book a last minute trip. I suppose some freight might also switch westwards, either to trial alternative routes or to avoid Calais if the French customs officers keep up their protests. Ed. 

2 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It might mean there are some good deals to be had over the next couple of months for those who wish to book a last minute trip. I suppose some freight might also switch westwards, either to trial alternative routes or to avoid Calais if the French customs officers keep up their protests. Ed. 

That is where the one plus could be, if subsidised crossings can be sold to some who use Dover it could be win win but existing customers might complain if the subsidy went on to long.

On 01/03/2019 at 19:51, wortley said:

Eurotunnel's court case was not pursued because the government gave in. How long before Stena, P&O or a freight shipping company picks it up and puts in a claim of their own ?  Monday ? 

I was premature. It's in the news today. P&O are now suing the government because they didn't get a slice of the cake. 

• Like 1