Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

So the Pont Aven is back in June but with one engine down. I wonder when it will be taken out of service again to fix it?

18 hours ago, David Williams said:

BF are starting to communicate in advance, let's hope it continues

6 June 2019

We are looking forward to welcoming Pont-Aven back to service on 14 June. Ahead of her return, we have published a revised timetable for sailings operating between Plymouth and Santander and Plymouth and Roscoff. These changes to departure and arrival times have been made to compensate for reduced Pont-Aven operating speed this summer.

Most involve revised departure/arrival times of up to two hours. However please note, for certain sailings leaving Santander, Pont-Aven’s departure has been delayed by four hours, leaving at 19:15 instead of 15:15. All customers affected by changes will be notified in advance of their sailing.

For revised timings please visit our ferry timetables.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/pont-aven-latest-news

Interesting that the revised PA timetables are only revised up to mid-July.  Thereafter it still shows PA's Santander Monday departure going to Portsmouth.  Could be that BF need to assess how PA's revised timetable is working before revising further.  

Watch this space!

I asked on Twitter if there was still early boarding on the Thursdays sailing from Plymouth but got no answer.

• Like 1

I just hope that Storm Miguel hasn't pushed back their repair timetable. Even tied to the dock in Brest PA would have been moving about a bit yesterday. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy

According to the latest update on Mer et Marine the spare parts have been delivered and installed. That just leaves a few days testing it all works, once the weather has calmed down of course…

Chris

• Like 1

Out of interest Mrs FW is on the delayed NX crossing to Cherbourg this morning. Give BF credit where it’s due, the Captain always tries to steer a course that will make the crossing as comfortable for passengers as possible ...(see AIS screenshot)

Chris

12D6C564-4BA2-4D7E-8FD5-91A96BF37BA4.png

I wondered if they had hired a locum captain from Condor who was navigating to Guernsey by memory.  

But buy the lady a stiff drink when she is ashore.

Latest info from Mrs FW....

»Well that was interesting, one ceiling collapsed, one person injured but we are fine - late arrival though « 

And she’s just requested a large brandy....:o

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:13, Malc said:

Interesting that the revised PA timetables are only revised up to mid-July.  Thereafter it still shows PA's Santander Monday departure going to Portsmouth.  Could be that BF need to assess how PA's revised timetable is working before revising further.  

Watch this space!

It'll be like the 'old days' with two sailings a week from Plymouth. The only problem my group will have is that our first stop is a four hour drive from Santander. However it's better than no ferry.

33 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Yikes - better warn her she’ll be getting off in Braye! 🤣

At that speed, and the subsequent direction change required, she'll have been surfing the waves in through the western harbour entrance. Sorry to hear about the injuries. Ed. 

Glad to hear it got there safely...The trouble with fast craft is they are ok on flat calm seas but in `weather` they display similar sea going characteristics to the WW2 landing craft. Anyway I see the Mont sailing due at 14.15 has been put back to an unspecified departure due to a `technical fault`. Eta for Ouistreham will apparantly be given on board..........once its fixed and set off I presume.

PA has been joined at the dockside in Brest by the GNV Azzura. The two ships seem to have relatively similar passenger capacities. Just saying! Ed. 

• Like 1

I've just spotted Seven Seas Navigator is heading for Brest so it's going to be crowded there - at least that's one vessel without a stupid looking funnel!

Mrs FW arrived safely but it wasn't nice. She asked me to make a special mention of the crew who were apparently exceptional, and a group of Brits who helped sort out the partly collapsed ceiling panel so congratulations all round...

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

PA has been joined at the dockside in Brest by the GNV Azzura. The two ships seem to have relatively similar passenger capacities. Just saying! Ed. 

The difference being that the Azzura has a full compliment of engines😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

I've just spotted Seven Seas Navigator is heading for Brest so it's going to be crowded there - at least that's one vessel without a stupid looking funnel! 

Tough hit on the GNV Azzurra's funnel which I rather like (looks better on her unmonstered sister though).

12 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Seen in Brest.

64300680_2755516164464456_2238004812522192896_o.jpg

Any idea what the vessel next to her is doing? Scheduled visit, or something else?

35 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Any idea what the vessel next to her is doing? Scheduled visit, or something else?

That is 'GNV Azzurra', she is there for annual refit.