Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

53 minutes ago, Paully said:

Good God man does That mean I shall have to restrict the quantity of Merlot I was intending to import ???... Terrible I blame the bread rolls😬🙊

As long as it's a good Merlot you'll be fine. Just make sure that one of the bottles is visible on top of the boxes and looks in need of a good home. I'm sure the police in St Malo will make an exception. Ed. 

13 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

As long as it's a good Merlot you'll be fine. Just make sure that one of the bottles is visible on top of the boxes and looks in need of a good home. I'm sure the police in St Malo will make an exception. Ed. 

Be difficult, although I have an excellent Merlot from the St Sornin cave cooperative, it's in 5l wine boxes🤣😂..but all are still in need of a good home😆

2 hours out of Cork as I type .. full load on the PA .. calm as calm can be and she is cruising beautifully, first onboard and first impressions were good, clean and tidy and very friendly staff ... bon voyage 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

How did the ramp go?

No probs at all ... was waiting for the scraping but cleared it ok ... still having the smoothest crossing, sitting at the fastest bar with a tiger beer 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Geezer said:

No probs at all ... was waiting for the scraping but cleared it ok ... still having the smoothest crossing, sitting at the fastest bar with a tiger beer 😁

Good to hear. As luck would have it, a BF Tweet has just sort of answered your earlier question. 

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1145266572585553920?s=20

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Thanks 1

One of the good things about the old Xantia Estate, it could hold 1100Kg - that's a bottle or two of Merlot.

Rhys

31 minutes ago, Penlan said:

One of the good things about the old Xantia Estate, it could hold 1100Kg - that's a bottle or two of Merlot.

Rhys

Rhys are you sure about that figure? That’s almost a pallet and a half of wine ( I should know 😳), as much as many panel vans can legally carry - I’ve just looked up Xantia on the car info site which came back with these figures...if you managed to get that amount of wine under the noses of Plymouth Customs then I take my hat of to you..!

Chris

• Weight

• Curb Weight   1170 – 1592 kg
    • Gross Weight   1710 – 2085 kg
    • Max Trailer Load, braked 12%   1200 – 1500 kg
    • Max Trailer Load, unbraked   660 – 750 kg
    • Cargo Capacity   408 – 616 kg
    • Max Roof Load   75 kg
    • Max Towbar Download   85 kg

11 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Rhys are you sure about that figure? That’s almost a pallet and a half of wine ( I should know 😳), as much as many panel vans can legally carry - I’ve just looked up Xantia on the car info site which came back with these figures...if you managed to get that amount of wine under the noses of Plymouth Customs then I take my hat of to you..!

Chris

• Weight

• Curb Weight   1170 – 1592 kg
    • Gross Weight   1710 – 2085 kg
    • Max Trailer Load, braked 12%   1200 – 1500 kg
    • Max Trailer Load, unbraked   660 – 750 kg
    • Cargo Capacity   408 – 616 kg
    • Max Roof Load   75 kg
    • Max Towbar Download   85 kg

No comment......

Rhys

Fair enough, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek but 1100kgs does seem a lot to me...

Cael noson braf (I hope that’s correct)

Chris

23 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Fair enough, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek but 1100kgs does seem a lot to me...

Cael noson braf (I hope that’s correct)

Chris

Chris getting ready to load his Xantia estate 6FF8F75D-B1C8-4D8C-90E3-605C0BAF26A7.thumb.jpeg.7c0cd4410d62092c83a7cae0d0c3aa87.jpegtate 

Edited by neilcvx
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

But that’s only a half pallet Neil, 400 kgs...9_9

The other half was already in my car 😉

• Like 1

On 29/06/2019 at 19:55, Geezer said:

Just for future reference, you can to go on a different deck if you're concerned about clearance. The staff will be able to tell if you'll clear it or not.

10 hours ago, neilcvx said:

The other half was already in my car 😉

If you get them in wine boxes, you can save on the weight of the glass and get even more in😂😂

Of course the best solution is to buy a stock of water-beds, stack them in the boot and fill them up from bottom to top. That way you take advantage of every available spare cubic centimeter in the car. I don't know what the free-surface effect would be though. 😕 Ed. 

• Haha 1

After a series of Xantia we moved on to Citroen C5 Estates but now have a little Vw transporter day van which just about passes as an MPV and holds 1500 kg of: coffee, veg, oils, fruit, power tools and other essentials. 

Rhys

• Like 1

I don't know what the free-surface effect would be though.

I imagine it would vary depending on how much of the contents is consumed en route....😀

• Haha 1

The arrival of 'Bretagne' has been delayed this evening due to the unscheduled arrival of 'HMS Queen Elizabeth', 'Bretagne' is arriving in Portsmouth International Port now (19:30) and is scheduled to depart this evening at 21:20 (was 20:45).

Which is a strange one Tony because I’ve just disembarked NEX and we were in at 18h30, half an hour early, and Bretagne normally docks at 18h20...

Hang on, I’ve just checked the schedules and she wasn’t due until 18h45 tonight anyway, looks as though there are tidal issues at St Malo this week.

Chris

12 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Hang on, I’ve just checked the schedules and she wasn’t due until 18h45 tonight anyway, looks as though there are tidal issues at St Malo this week.

Yes, I've read that elsewhere. 'Bretagne' docked at 19:34. Rumours already floating around social media saying that 'HMS Queen Elizabeth' is taking on water again, she wasn't due back for another 2 weeks.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver