Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

20 minutes ago, jamess said:

I am on the 20:45 from Plymouth on Thursday

Is it likely to be late now?

We were just observing her late departure tonight. Thursday from Plymouth is great, because she can go across at a leisurely rate. I don't know if you will be late, but I would hazard a guess arrival in France will be on time regardless.

17 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

We were just observing her late departure tonight. Thursday from Plymouth is great, because she can go across at a leisurely rate. I don't know if you will be late, but I would hazard a guess arrival in France will be on time regardless.

We were hoping to be on-board for 7pm and in the buffet.....

Guess the best thing to do now is to keep an eye on her via marinetraffic and see what time is made up

6 minutes ago, Reidy said:

i guess then there will be a change to tonights crossing to Roscoff ?

It's Pont Aven which is affected, not Armorique. Tonight should be fine...

just had a nice note from BF Armorique delayed tonight as to no ramp availability ( due to Pont Aven )Latest is  check in open at 21.00 and latest 23.59 and your cabin may not be ready !!!!!

14 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Looking at BF finder, http://brittany-ferries.hauwell-studios.com/fr/ - I just noticed CF has stopped at Roscoff on the way to Bilbao. Do they even sell that route any more, or is it just a crew-stop?

They don't sell it from the UK to Roscoff but they do still sell it over here as Roscoff to Bilbao for their Spanish and Portuguese holidays.

https://www.brittany-ferries.fr/traversee-en-ferry/france-portugal

Ed

And twas ever the case.  Ever since CF started her Roscoff calls (after her Cherbourg rotations were abandoned - remember them?!), it has never been possible to book just the Portsmouth - Roscoff leg, but embarking at Roscoff has always been possible.

So today 5/9/2019 the 1600 Armorique sailing back from Roscoff is running 2.5 hours early - with more passengers inconvenienced trying to get there in time from further afield. I suppose it's a change from her running 2.5 hours late, but can anyone please explain what "berth unavailability" means this time ? 

Edited by wortley

It will mean she can unload in Plymouth before the PA arrives from Spain. I just posted on the Pont Aven today thread that it might happen.

Looks like all the delays with the PA are getting to the sailings updates team.

Plymouth to Santander / Santander to Plymouth

05/09/2019 Santander-Plymouth: 18:00: We are sorry to advise that your sailing today from Santander to Plymouth is running approximately 3h45 behind schedule. Latest check-in is now 21:45. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.  

It must be hard for them to catch up with what day it is and what the delay is, wouldn't like their job at the moment. 

I just looked at the winter timetable and see that Commanara is not now coming to Portsmouth but will continue running a weekly service to Spain from Cork and Etratat and BDS are both scheduled on the Le Harvre route.no mention of the Kerry and Bretangne is running all winter

Edited by Stefeni

26 minutes ago, Stefeni said:

I just looked at the winter timetable and see that Commanara is not now coming to Portsmouth but will continue running a weekly service to Spain from Cork and Etratat and BDS are both scheduled on the Le Harvre route.no mention of the Kerry and Bretangne is running all winter

Good spot. Connemara is still shown as covering the Barfleur from the 24th November, until the 31st December.

1 hour ago, Stefeni said:

Are you looking on the Irish Website Stefeni? It was always planned for 'Bretagne' to run throughout the winter with the exception of her refit from November 3rd until December 29th

There's no Santander to Cork after November 4th and nothing on the Cork/Roscoff timetable either for 'Connemara' according to the UK Freight website.

I think this maybe the case until the timetable is updated in mid-October., unless I've been reading the timetable wrong.

17 minutes ago, chris990 said:

I can still see Connemara covering Porstsmouth/Le Havre from January 2020

Yes, me too. Nothing appears to have changed on the UK website.

21 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Yes, me too. Nothing appears to have changed on the UK website.

Looks like the timetables have reverted back to as they originally were, with Connemara covering the Santander/Portsmouth route between the 9th and 23rd November, whilst the Cap Finistere was in refit (5th - 26th November).

This means Connemara's first Portsmouth arrival will be on the 10th November at 15:15, presumably under Morlaix registry.

2 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Just on the schedules theme .... when can we expect to book for summer 2020  .... asking for a friend ^_^

Last time I spoke to BF at Portsmouth they quoted the 15th October

Cheers Paully ... It's going to be interesting this year for us as I'm going to compare WB Yeats, Dublin/Cherbourg with the Pont, Cork to Roscoff, although WBY is getting some horrible reviews on Tripadvisor !!

8 minutes ago, Paully said:

Edited by Geezer

28 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Cheers Paully ... It's going to be interesting this year for us as I'm going to compare WB Yeats, Dublin/Cherbourg with the Pont, Cork to Roscoff, although WBY is getting some horrible reviews on Tripadvisor !!

You might be comparing WBY Rosslare to Cherbourg as there is a strong rumour that it will revert to Rosslare next year  because of the congestion in Dublin Port. There is adverse customer comments on the traffic congestion getting into  Dublin Port & the difficulties if you are towing a caravan or have a Camper. WBY has been regularily  late this year because of it having to wait in Dublin Bay for the Epsilon to clear the Berth and depending on Brexit they may want to give preference in Dublin to commercial traffic next year 

an interesting year ahead certainly...

3 hours ago, kgst said:

You might be comparing WBY Rosslare to Cherbourg as there is a strong rumour that it will revert to Rosslare next year  because of the congestion in Dublin Port. There is adverse customer comments on the traffic congestion getting into  Dublin Port & the difficulties if you are towing a caravan or have a Camper. WBY has been regularily  late this year because of it having to wait in Dublin Bay for the Epsilon to clear the Berth and depending on Brexit they may want to give preference in Dublin to commercial traffic next year 

an interesting year ahead certainly...

Very interesting indeed ... I was hoping Dublin would have saved me driving time  but I might as well drive to Cork as Rosslare ... roughly about the same ... I will keep an interested eye on this ... thanks.

2 hours ago, BigDW1946 said:

Don't forget that there is motorway all the way from Dublin past Enniscorthy, leaving only a few miles of ordinary road to Rosslare.

This is very true, and it will save roughly 2 hours sailing time also, brings back memories of the Oscar Wilde out of Rosslare .... not a bad ship at all.