Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 01:00, TonyMWeaver said:

Are you looking on the Irish Website Stefeni? It was always planned for 'Bretagne' to run throughout the winter with the exception of her refit from November 3rd until December 29th

There's no Santander to Cork after November 4th and nothing on the Cork/Roscoff timetable either for 'Connemara' according to the UK Freight website.

I think this maybe the case until the timetable is updated in mid-October., unless I've been reading the timetable wrong.

got the info from here, 

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=UK_Brand&utm_group=Brand_Top_Modified_Broad_T2&utm_term=%2Bbrittany+%2Bferries&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Yb6gPPV5AIVyrTtCh0ijwp6EAAYASAAEgLtzfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 01:00, TonyMWeaver said:

Are you looking on the Irish Website Stefeni? It was always planned for 'Bretagne' to run throughout the winter with the exception of her refit from November 3rd until December 29th

There's no Santander to Cork after November 4th and nothing on the Cork/Roscoff timetable either for 'Connemara' according to the UK Freight website.

I think this maybe the case until the timetable is updated in mid-October., unless I've been reading the timetable wrong.

Got my info from here

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=UK_Brand&utm_group=Brand_Top_Modified_Broad_T2&utm_term=%2Bbrittany+%2Bferries&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Yb6gPPV5AIVyrTtCh0ijwp6EAAYASAAEgLtzfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Stefeni

40 minutes ago, Stefeni said:

Try again after mid-October when the timetables are updated. AF Michela (which will be called 'Kerry') should be on the timetable from then.

13 hours ago, Stefeni said:

Although the new UK BF website is much more integrated than the previous version your probably better off keeping an eye on the Irish site for the latest news in the Cork routes (https://www.brittanyferries.ie

19 hours ago, ferrymancork said:

Connemara currently shifting from Marino Point back to Ro Ro terminal

Connemara’s back on schedule, and is currently enroute to Roscoff. 👍 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2019 at 20:05, des said:

Some pics of the Connemara in Marino Point (mods feel free to move).

IMG_20190914_195855.jpg

In this pic, it looks like they have added a "party dome", in the style of Stena Fantasia!

• Haha 3

Does anyone have any idea what the 'P-N' and 'P-H' etc mean? I don't recall seeing that before. 

On a separate point, I hope the next batch of timetables is released mid-October as promised. Almost 80% of BF's Twitter traffic has been answering people's questions about booking dates for the last 4 or 5 months. Ed. 

3 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Does anyone have any idea what the 'P-N' and 'P-H' etc mean? I don't recall seeing that before.

Well, I’ve not seen it either, but working it through logically it must be Portsmouth, CaeN, CHerbourg.  Why those letters, who knows?!

I wondered if P was PIP, H was Harbourmouth and N was Nab Tower but that would mean the information given to passengers was in fact adapted from that given to the QHM. Ed. 

19 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

On a separate point, I hope the next batch of timetables is released mid-October as promised. Almost 80% of BF's Twitter traffic has been answering people's questions about booking dates for the last 4 or 5 months. Ed. 

#BrexitDivedend , seriously though it’s a pain in the **** , I’m waiting, my parents are waiting, friends are waiting, it’s a bit annoying.

22 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

They are the internal port codes, which appear on your car boarding hanger, but it’s unusual for them to appear elsewhere:

P - Portsmouth

L - Poole

Y - Plymouth

O - Ouistreham

H - Cherbourg

M - St Malo

R - Roscoff

A - Le Havre

C - Cork

S - Santander

B - Bilbao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, Andy said:

They are the internal port codes, which appear on your car boarding hanger, but it’s unusual for them to appear elsewhere:

P - Portsmouth

L - Poole (if I recall correctly)

Y - Plymouth

N - Caen (corrected - oops!)

H - Cherbourg

M - St Malo

R - Roscoff

A - Le Havre

C - Cork

S - Santander

B - Bilbao

OK, thanks.  But which port does N correspond to? Ed. 

4 minutes ago, scarlton said:

N is Ouistreham/Caen, not O.

Makes sense. Thanks. Do they have one for Brest in case a diversion is needed? 'Eu-oh!' perhaps? Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Makes sense. Thanks. Do they have one for Brest in case a diversion is needed? 'Eu-oh!' perhaps? Ed. 

D? 🤭

• Haha 1

I find it funny that ships travelling to Poole, AIS abbreviation often used is POO (which is of course totally inappropriate!)

Edited by nottingham
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nottingham said:

I find it funny that ships travelling to Poole, AIS abbreviation often used is POO (which is of course totally inappropriate!)

Not only ships - POO is also the code for Poole station under the 3-letter system used by the railways. 

3 hours ago, Hermit said:

Not only ships - POO is also the code for Poole station under the 3-letter system used by the railways. 

This is excellent news. Please tell me that Bournemouth and Christchurch stations respectively use the codes BUM & CRC and it will make my day. Ed. 

• Haha 3