Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I have seen it somewhere - but any idea what the Cruiseship timetable looks like for Millbay in 2019?

Not sure what you mean?  Do you mean the time and arrival and departures of BF ships, or BF and other ships?

Yes - so ABP in Plymouth still have a number of smaller cruise vessels which use the BF berth when not occupied during the season... 

That was all I was referring to.

According to local news outlets the  cruise ships booked to dock at Millbay this year are Ocean Nova (1 May), Hebridean Sky (9 May) , Sea Spirit (20-23 May) and Serenissima (23 September) . Other bigger ships will anchor in the Sound and unload and re load there. 

What exactly do cruise passengers do in Plymouth? I assume the bulk of them are bussed out to Looe, Salcome or Dartmoor.

6 hours ago, penguin said:

What exactly do cruise passengers do in Plymouth? I assume the bulk of them are bussed out to Looe, Salcome or Dartmoor.

Plenty of them stay and wander around Plymouth. In spite of the distance, lots go to the Eden Project too. 

On 01/03/2019 at 10:10, penguin said:

Mayflower steps probably too...

8 minutes ago, Gareth said:

No copyrighted picture of Etretat, Andy?! 😉 😀

No Facebook page to promote 😉😂

• Haha 2

Another stormy week ahead...

Cap Finistere's sailings have also been affected (but the sailing updates page has the sailing legs listed the wrong way around at present... hopefully BF will correct soon!).

image.png.7681eec4711c743a0586b388f1627326.png

image.png.586381a79ad0d6dd5641a5883377a87d.png

image.png.cd66321682c55153a3f36bba7b9e255f.png

14 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Can’t be too careful with Storm Gareth! 🤣

Got a storm to promote, eh? 😀 Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 1

Ah good - two identical photos of MSM on the same page! 😎

I think you need to do something about the Normandie photo though Tony.  Looks far too nice a day for a bad-weather Sailings Updates photo.  None of those intimidating storm clouds like in the MSM one.  Maybe you could photoshop some in!  Or, even better, some big waves crashing right over the top of her! 😁

Hope BFE doesn’t run out of storage space..... 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gareth said:

Ah good - two identical photos of MSM on the same page! 😎

I think you need to do something about the Normandie photo though Tony.  Looks far too nice a day for a bad-weather Sailings Updates photo.  None of those intimidating storm clouds like in the MSM one.  Maybe you could photoshop some in!  Or, even better, some big waves crashing right over the top of her! 😁

Hope BFE doesn’t run out of storage space..... 😉

Sorry, I don't believe in Photoshop, it's a cheats software.

Interesting.  Clearly something going on out there.  But if the problem is sea state due to the storm then it’s odd that she has spent the last half hour on a course that must be pretty much beam-on to that problematic sea.  Coming round into the wind now, but I’m wondering if the problem might be more to do with something going on in the harbour?

2 minutes ago, colin said:

My son is on board and thinks the port of Plymouth was closed for a period?

Yes, fits with my theory.  Armorique’s behaviour was not consistent with unsuitable conditions for entry.  Something must have been going on in the harbour - there are three RFA vessels in the Sound; I wonder if one of them was having problems holding?