SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Fadah, hello Mudda, I have got a dodgy ruddah And I think I must inform ya That I cannot turn around a corner But the ship yard they will sort it Even if they

Pont Aven in Poole Bay - sheltering from the weather today.

It just snows the impotence of poof-leading what you have written before clicking 'summit'. Ed. 

Posted Images

Had text & emails fro BF Thursday afternoon to say Pont Aven sailing 1500 Friday (not 2030). Did some quick last minute shopping, and checked out of holiday accommodation early Friday. En route more info from BF to say now sailing even earlier and we did at 1400 French time from Roscoff. Not too bad a crossing as we ran ahead of the storm. A bit bumpy up until midnight, but docked in Ringaskiddy at 0230. We got a good night's sleep as embarkation didn't start until 0800. Home early. Didn't notice until later that those on IF Epsilon not so lucky. She sailed at 1630 Friday but anchored of Sidmouth until 0800 Saturday and not expected Dublin until 0800 on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

Shrewd scheduling by BF.

Indeed as well as credit to the largely Breton Masters and Deck Officers who know these waters and its unpredictable weather and how to sail safe. Thats another reason I use Brittany Ferries. 

58 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

Fact or fiction,  anyone heard of this ?

I know the channel was bad yesterday but I've not heard this. Normandie would have to list quite a bit for that to happen. I do know that Portsmouth Harbour was closed temporarily yesterday, this affected about 4 vessels in total

47 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Pont-Aven' is delayed this evening, she is now scheduled to arrive in Portsmouth at 23:00 tonight. Departure to St Malo will now be at 01:00.

Not suprising, she`s down to under 14knots and hugging the French coast, presently abeam of Brest..Must be blowing a hooly out there...

Marine Traffic has her heading back to Santander which I assume is wrong.  

I like the little time slider at the bottom of the BF fleet-finder map. You can see all the interesting course corrections made speeded up and at the moment watch Bretagne dissappear off the top right hand edge as she travels to Poland. Ed  

7 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Marine Traffic has her heading back to Santander which I assume is wrong.  

I like the little time slider at the bottom of the BF fleet-finder map. You can see all the interesting course corrections made speeded up and at the moment watch Bretagne dissappear off the top right hand edge as she travels to Poland. Ed  

The old fleet tracker enabled you to follow her all the way to Poland 🙁

• Like 1
On 03/11/2019 at 21:47, BZH29 said:

Hearsay, a lorry fell on its side on the Normandie's crossing yesterday.  Might explain why it was so late ?  

Fact or fiction,  anyone heard of this ?

Fake news....

I was on her last night, only 30 minutes late into Portsmouth and she unloaded quickly but that still meant 30 minutes less sleep time :S

Chris

3 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Fake news....

I was on her last night, only 30 minutes late into Portsmouth and she unloaded quickly but that still meant 30 minutes less sleep time :S

Chris

Bet it was a lively crossing Chris?

Actually not bad at all Paully but we landed very early at Heathrow yesterday morning back from the Western Cape, dropped off Mrs FW at college to work, up to London again to collect our 2 dogs, tidy the house, mow the lawn, cook supper before heading to PIP, I would have slept quite happily in the engine room and noticed nothing...:) zzz

Chris

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Actually not bad at all Paully but we landed very early at Heathrow yesterday morning back from the Western Cape,

My old stamping ground that, was brought up in Cape Town. Were you scouting for some Pinotage or the latest Bruce Jack offering?

37 minutes ago, Paully said:

My old stamping ground that, was brought up in Cape Town. Were you scouting for some Pinotage or the latest Bruce Jack offering?

Not wishing to go off topic Paully I'll PM you shortly - but yes we stay with friends in Franschhoek, about an hour's drive from Cape Town and try to do it twice a year. I can completely unwind in their house on a whine estate that has one of the most spectacular views you could ever wish for. I'm already online looking to book October half-term 2020, £500 per return ticket if I catch the early bird deals (February 2020 in the bag 7 months ago..;))

And of course a few glasses of Pinot - Hermitage were dispatched last week although watching that prestigious game of rugby on Sunday morning with a house full of South Africans wasn't ideal, but we did of course share a massive hangover...!

Chris

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the latest expected arrival time for Connemaras first arrival into  Portsmouth? The BF schedule seems to be showing 1515 for Saturday but there’s nothing on the shipping movements for tomorrow. I thought I’d read somewhere it’d been pushed back to Sunday evening? Many thanks 

1 hour ago, Botley Dan said:

Does anyone know the latest expected arrival time for Connemaras first arrival into  Portsmouth? The BF schedule seems to be showing 1515 for Saturday but there’s nothing on the shipping movements for tomorrow. I thought I’d read somewhere it’d been pushed back to Sunday evening? Many thanks 

Won't be until Sunday, arriving in Portsmouth at 15:15. She's still doing Sea Trials off Santander at the moment, she'll depart at 12:00 bound for Portsmouth on Saturday lunchtime.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Gareth locked and unpinned this topic