Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2019 Latest News

The arrival of 'Cap Finistere' into Portsmouth this evening is currently delayed by approximately 75 minutes, arrival now expected at 21:00

The departure of 'Cap Finsitere' from Portsmouth to Bilbao is expected at 23:15 this evening.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

??

The screenshot posted by Eddie, the same sailing update which has been posted above his, I typed it manually on Friday.

The information about the coach transfer might be useful for some passengers so I can see the advantage of posting the official BF information alongside yours. Ed. 

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

The information about the coach transfer might be useful for some passengers so I can see the advantage of posting the official BF information alongside yours. Ed. 

You can mute people on here maybe that would explain it.

The departure of 'Bretagne' is delayed this evening until 21:30 due to a minor engine issue, arrival in St Malo tomorrow morning remains unchanged. Tug 'Yorkshireman' currently alongside 'Bretagne'.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

In one cabin?

The reply suggests it might be more general but I don't know. I guess it depends if each cabin has a separate thermostat or not. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy

Does anybody have an idea why Pont Aven seems to be traveling so slowly leaving Santander. Out to Spain on Sunday is there an issue

2 hours ago, IanN said:

Does anybody have an idea why Pont Aven seems to be traveling so slowly leaving Santander. Out to Spain on Sunday is there an issue

Seems to be ok now, 23.7knots

15/04/19 - 00:45 'Baie de Seine' still alongside in Santander, sailing delayed, not cancelled according to BF. Portsmouth Port currently have her arriving at 20:45 Monday evening which will obviously not happen.

1.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver

She seems to be underway now after a delay of almost 12 hours. There are some suggestions on Twitter that the passengers were told the problem was due to engine failure. Ed. 

And Twitter is awash with disgruntled passengers who have now found themselves somewhere they didn't want to be and facing a long drive home or bus ride back to Portsmouth. Plus those heading for Portsmouth who now need to find their way to Plymouth.

There is also one woman (with a heart condition) who appears to be the carer for a severely handicapped child and who is extremely angry at it all. I assume she has to travel by ferry as the airlines refuse to carry potentially disruptive passengers but from the description she provides on Twitter it can't have been much fun for the other PA passengers either. I get the impression reading the mother's tweets that in a real emergency on board her daughter could present a danger to all those on board. I wonder what BF's policy is on accepting people with behavioural problems.

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1117766606355140610?s=20

And:

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1118076478917365760?s=20

Ed

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

And Twitter is awash with disgruntled passengers who have now found themselves somewhere they didn't want to be and facing a long drive home or bus ride back to Portsmouth. Plus those heading for Portsmouth who now need to find their way to Plymouth.

There is also one woman (with a heart condition) who appears to be the carer for a severely handicapped child and who is extremely angry at it all. I assume she has to travel by ferry as the airlines refuse to carry potentially disruptive passengers but from the description she provides on Twitter it can't have been much fun for the other PA passengers either. I get the impression reading the mother's tweets that in a real emergency on board her daughter could present a danger to all those on board. I wonder what BF's policy is on accepting people with behavioural problems.

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1117766606355140610?s=20

And:

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1118076478917365760?s=20

Ed

Hopefully as seems to be the case with this particular person, they accept them without any issues other than ensuring that the person has support from there carers/family as they need and they take responsibilty which they should be doing anyway seen they are the carers/family.

• Like 1