Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

Le Havre full of BF

Guys, I’m sorry, I usually post about this in much more detail.  Not had the time this year.  But for the sake of making sure it is on record, the BF fleet has now shut down for Christmas as follows:

Bretagne, NEX, laid up for the winter in the inner harbour at Le Havre.

Normandie, Etretat: Le Havre

MSM: Ouistreham

Barfleur: Cherbourg

Armorique: Roscoff

BDS: Santander

CF (unusually): Portsmouth

Pont Aven: Christmas cruise to Antwerp.

Happy Christmas to everyone 😀.

Connemara was in Cork (Ringaskiddy Deepwater Berth) since Christmas Eve, but vacated berth this morning at midnight to allow another vessel dock.   She returned to RoRo terminal this morning at 8AM and has loaded and sailed at 11AM to Santander.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The ships will also be rested in the same ports over New Year too, with the exception of 'Pont-Aven' which will be sailing to Honfleur.

My reading of the timetables is that Armorique ought to be spending New Year in St Malo.  Is she heading out to Roscoff (and back again) in ballast?

4 hours ago, Gareth said:

My reading of the timetables is that Armorique ought to be spending New Year in St Malo.  Is she heading out to Roscoff (and back again) in ballast?

I didn't look at St Malo, 'Armorique' will be there then. All the others remain the same.

• Thanks 1

Tony - looks like you need a new avatar?! :) Add a 'splash of colour' and a silly font to your New Year?

Edited by hf_uk

Happy New Year everyone.

Of interest this morning is that Normandie has shifted from her layby berth at Le Havre and has gone to the roro berth.  And she has moored bow-in.  This is the first time she has done that, so presumably this is a berthing trial in preparation for her move across to Le Havre in the summer.  On her previous visits to Le Havre (I can’t remember the year, but it was while LD was still trading), back when Caen was closed for about a week and the Caen service operated to Le Havre, both Normandie and MSM operated stern-in at Le Havre and bow-in at Portsmouth.  I had assumed this is what Normandie was going to do in July, but this berthing trial this morning may indicate otherwise.

Meanwhile, the first BF sailing of 2019 is now underway, with MSM having left Ouistreham this morning.  Normandie takes the 1730 sailing, and then crosses Porstmouth-Cherbourg tonight in order to de-store in the morning.

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Happy New Year everyone.

Of interest this morning is that Normandie has shifted from her layby berth at Le Havre and has gone to the roro berth.  And she has moored bow-in.  This is the first time she has done that, so presumably this is a berthing trial in preparation for her move across to Le Havre in the summer.  On her previous visits to Le Havre (I can’t remember the year, but it was while LD was still trading), back when Caen was closed for about a week and the Caen service operated to Le Havre, both Normandie and MSM operated stern-in at Le Havre and bow-in at Portsmouth.  I had assumed this is what Normandie was going to do in July, but this berthing trial this morning may indicate otherwise.

Meanwhile, the first BF sailing of 2019 is now underway, with MSM having left Ouistreham this morning.  Normandie takes the 1730 sailing, and then crosses Porstmouth-Cherbourg tonight in order to de-store in the morning.

Surely Connemara from Cork on the first was the first BF sailing of 2019.

I suppose, technically, purely in terms of ship movements, Pont Aven’s return from Honfleur was the first.  But I meant the first commercial scheduled ferry sailing.  (Connemara’s voyage is positional and not commercial, with the commercial departure having been mysteriously cancelled).