Sign in to follow this  
Le Quiberon

King Seaways questions

So tomorrow I will be doing the infamous Friday evening Newcastle - Ijmuiden mini cruise, staying an additional day on the Saturday and returning Sunday evening. I don't really like the idea of having just 5 hours in Amsterdam so spending the extra day is worthwhile for me. Outward I will be sailing on the 'King Seaways' and returning on the 'Princess Seaways'. As many of you know I have used this service before as a commuter in 2015/2016 as I took my car over when I worked in the Netherlands. However, there a few questions I would like to ask and would be happy if anybody could help:

(1) How do you access the front deck of King Seaways and would it be open during the crossing? I seemed to miss this when I travelled on her a couple of years ago.

(2) Will outdoor decks be open for the duration of the crossing? Sea and weather conditions are forecasted to be hospitable.

(3) I have read somewhere it is possible to park for free at the Premier Inn close to the docks, is this true? If not is there anywhere free to park near to the docks?

(4) Would I be right in assuming this will be the last crossing the 'Princess' takes before going on her brief hiatus?

(5) What would loading and PAX numbers expected to be for the crossing? Should I expect the infamous 'rowdy revellers'. I am expecting very low, being the first weekend crossing after New Year.

I will, as ever, post an in-depth voyage report on both crossings, which should be interesting as this will be my first sailing on the 'Princess.'

Any help, as ever, will be much appreciated,

sincere thanks,

Le' Quib.

Edited by Le Quiberon
grammatical error

As you are travelling tomorrow it might be better to phone customer services on 0871 522 9966 or try their Live Chat service. Bon voyage . 

I can only hazard a guess on point 1), which is that it used to be accessible via the observation lounge. However, I believe DFDS now charge for access to this.

• Confused 1

Regarding point 1, I tried to access this last year on the New Year trip but found the door to be firmly locked. I could be wrong but I don't recall it being open at any point during that trip. If they do charge for access to this now then that could well be the reason!

On point 2 I would expect the answer to be yes, you can normally find your way outside even if the weather is a bit dodgy.

I've no idea on your other questions, but have a good trip. My favourite part of the ship is the Navigators bar - nice place to sit and relax with an Affligem, assuming it's not too crowded ;) 

I just arrived back from a mini-cruise on the King this morning, there were a couple of outside areas taped off, presumably due to wet paint......and the forward areas of Deck 10 were taped off overnight due to the winds.

Be sure to go and see the troubadour in Navigators, he is superb....the band in the main show bar were also excellent. Enjoy the trip.

Andy