Sign in to follow this  
neilcvx

Mercure Roscoff

The old and run down Mercure by the docks at Cherbourg was replaced by a new Mercure by the inner harbour. Very nice it is, with excellent prices for coffee and at the bar, and, without exception, great staff. I hope that Roscoff is equally lucky. By the way, I do not think that the Cherbourg one is a franchise, but is Accor owned and operated.

• Like 1

You could well be right all the Accor ones we’ve stayed at in the UK have been franchises of varying quality from the excellent  ibis styles in Glasgow to the not so good ibis styles in Haydock, let’s hope the one in Roscoff is good they have certainly got a stunning building. (Note to self don’t jump to conclusions)

We have stayed in the one in Dinan which was truly excellent. We will be very interested in how this one turns out. A return visit to Roscoff would be very welcome. Perhaps FW might update us sometime.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rileyman said:

We have stayed in the one in Dinan which was truly excellent. We will be very interested in how this one turns out. A return visit to Roscoff would be very welcome. Perhaps FW might update us sometime.

That’s good to hear we were originally going to stay in StMalo in June at the end of our holiday but booked the Mercure in Dinan instead as it appears to have a decent car park (bikes on a tow bar) , looking forward to it, if the price is right we might change our August booking in Roscoff to the Mercure from the ibis.

The turn off to the hotel can be a little tightt. As I recall it is best to come over the viaduct leaving Dinan and turn around at the roundabout to reach the turn off. There are several restaurants on the other side of the river for café style lunch/dinner. The breakfast was extensive, everything one could think of and more. The carpark is quite large but spread out.

Edited by rileyman
add text
  • Thanks 1

Thanks made full use of Accors flexible rates and have chopped and changed the booking but eventually paid for it at the cheap rate, it will be interesting to see what the pricing is like for the Mercure in Roscoff it will definitely be more than the £89 we’re paying for a sea view room 100 yards down the road.

Will the Metcure Roscoff have adequate free car parking - or can someone please tell me one of the Roscoff hotels which do ? 

We have failed to park on the street at the Ibis, then tried the Hotel Residence des Artistes and found the huge paying parking in the square packed full because of a festival ( fete des onions or mussels, or artichokes  - I forget !)  

So which Roscoff hotel with free parking please.