eagleeye

Goodbye St Cecilia!

She'll be off soon then I should think. They certainly clean up well, and seem to stay in better condition under Delcomar - mind you, the weather conditions are a lot kinder down there!

I suppose St Faith will end up down there soon enough too, and that'll make me feel old, as I remember her entering service...

Saw Nando Murrau today from the Red Funnel ferry - on the return trip she was smoking from her funnel so assume generators were switched on (wasn't smoking on the outbound trip few hours earlier). Interestingly there is still a remnant of her former name on her bow!

Nando Murrau - 1.jpg

Nando Murrau - 2.jpg

• Like 1

She looks good! Yes, they've left behind the plastic plaque on the superstructure, I'm sure that will be removed at some point. Mind you, I believe the original names on the Saints were embossed on the bow and stern and are still readable through the white Delcomar paint anyway, so their original names will survive in some form.

33 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

Seems to have a tug with her ..perhaps getting ready to go ....

Na, she's not scheduled to leave. Quite possibly moving or turning her.

23 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

AIS now showing as Nando Murrau and destination Carloforte

Marine Traffic still shows old name.

54 minutes ago, adicat said:

Marine Traffic still shows old name.

Hmm intriguing, must be a glitch somewhere, as showing me different things, mousing over shows Nando, Clicking showing St Cecilia!

NMSC.PNG

If you hover your mouse over the ship on AIS, she's shows up as 'Nando Murrau' but if you click on it, it shows up as 'St Cecilia'. She's not scheduled to leave just yet, she's still being painted internally and having other work done.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

If you hover your mouse over the ship on AIS, she's shows up as 'Nando Murrau' but if you click on it, it shows up as 'St Cecilia'. She's not scheduled to leave just yet, she's still being painted internally and having other work done.

Must be cheaper to do the work here 

'Nando Murrau' (former St Cecilia) is scheduled to leave Southampton Water for Sardinia this Wednesday, departure time TBC.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver

2 hours ago, seadog said:

Maybe better to make her properly sea worthy before a long voyage. 

The other two had their aft staircases enclosed before the journey so I imagine this is likely to have happened with the Cecilia.

• Like 1