Goodbye St Cecilia!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Photo: Simone Uccheddu

As if by magic, the missing Builders Plate from 'St Cecilia' has reappeared. It has been put down to a simple misunderstanding and no questions will be asked. The owner of the plate is over the m

LOL, don't be silly. The only builders plate I've managed to get my hands on is the one from the former 'Portsmouth Queen' but I was given that legally.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Pigeonrat said:

Tomorrow then. Under her own power or being towed all the way to the Med I wonder?

Like 'St Catherine' and 'St Helen', she will leave under her own power. Captain Nando Murrau will be at the helm himself. The vessel will be in safe hands. I'm not keen on the forecast for Thursday though.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Probably wise. I always found the original Saints quite stable in bad weather compared to some, but they were never designed for the open seas! I know one of them had to seek emergency shelter at Dover once when coming back from refit, possibly during the 1987 hurricane, I forget now...

Good question. If working all day and night on P-F how often did that boat refuel. 10 return crossings a day 80 miles 7 days 560 miles. She has to refuel as they would not risk a tanker on board surely.

1 hour ago, eagleeye said:

Anyone one know if they do this trip without refuelling 

Yes, she is going direct to Carloforte without refuelling. These ships can do a lot of miles. A lot of people ask how many trips the Gosport Ferry can do, I've never counted the trips but those ferries are refuelled every 3 weeks.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Yes, she is going direct to Carloforte without refuelling. These ships can do a lot of miles. A lot of people ask how many trips the Gosport Ferry can do, I've never counted the trips but those ferries are refuelled every 3 weeks.

I suppose a heavy fuel load acts as ballast as well....reason for asking is she never stopped in gib for fuel like a lot of ships do ..thanks for reply