eagleeye

Goodbye St Cecilia!

2 hours ago, Pigeonrat said:

Tomorrow then. Under her own power or being towed all the way to the Med I wonder?

Like 'St Catherine' and 'St Helen', she will leave under her own power. Captain Nando Murrau will be at the helm himself. The vessel will be in safe hands. I'm not keen on the forecast for Thursday though.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

36 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

Any idea of how many crew are needed for this journey.and where do they sleep etc 

There's only about half a dozen on board, probably using sleeping bags.

Captain, two Mates, C/Eng, two Engineers, probably 4 AB’s as she’s hand steering. Maybe a cook but as there’s not a proper galley, just microwave meals. Z beds in the passenger lounge for most.

• Like 1

'Nando Murrau' has taken shelter close to land off France in the Bay of Biscay, she is roughly 75 miles SSW of Nantes. Arrival in Carloforte has change, now scheduled for Sunday (23/06/19)

'St Cecilia' ('Nando Murrau') is taking the same route as 'St Catherine' and 'St Helen' did when they re positioned to the Med, but has stayed closer to land due to the weather.

Probably wise. I always found the original Saints quite stable in bad weather compared to some, but they were never designed for the open seas! I know one of them had to seek emergency shelter at Dover once when coming back from refit, possibly during the 1987 hurricane, I forget now...