Jump to content
eagleeye

Goodbye St Cecilia!

Recommended Posts

On 22/06/2019 at 08:14, eagleeye said:

Looks like she has just made it there ..quite quickly I thought .makes you wonder why she wasn’t kept for a few years as she is clearly quite reliable and customer s quite liked the saints 

Yes it's a strange one. I was also under the impression that St. Cecilia was in better overall condition than St. Faith so I wonder why they chose to part with Cecilia over Faith unless it was due to resale value and that Faith will follow in due course.

They should have just kept hold of St. Helen and sold St. Faith, that way they wouldn't have to make any modifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Techsnap said:

Yes it's a strange one. I was also under the impression that St. Cecilia was in better overall condition than St. Faith so I wonder why they chose to part with Cecilia over Faith unless it was due to resale value and that Faith will follow in due course.

They should have just kept hold of St. Helen and sold St. Faith, that way they wouldn't have to make any modifications.

I guess it's because Faith is the better freight specialist, and still five years younger at the end of the day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And of course the headroom on the St Helen was lower than the Faith, so they still wouldn't have been able to take double-deck trailers on the Helen

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martijon said:

And of course the headroom on the St Helen was lower than the Faith, so they still wouldn't have been able to take double-deck trailers on the Helen

Makes sense, didn't realise that was the case, I thought all 4 were equal, obviously not :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carloforte: Blessing Ceremony and presentation of the new  ship "Nando Murrau" to be used on passenger sailings to/from Calasetta - Carloforte.

67082394_2949207755153017_2456116488902279168_n.jpg

 

Info: Radio San Pietro

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if any vessels have been retired from Delcomar fleet when the acquired each former Saint into their set up or is it extension of operations requirement. Guess they carry more than the older vessels. Some look quite old that they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adicat said:

Do we know if any vessels have been retired from Delcomar fleet when the acquired each former Saint into their set up or is it extension of operations requirement. Guess they carry more than the older vessels. Some look quite old that they have.

The Nando Murrau has settled down on the Carloforte-Calasetta route whereas the 'Catherine' and 'Helen' operate the Carloforte-Portovesme run. The daytime Calasetta itinerary was previously shared by the old Arbatax and La Maddalena (now Luigi Biggio) - they are fun vintage little ferries which can't have much mileage left in them. I imagine they'll keep one as reserve ship and possibly sell the other unless they have further expansion in mind somewhere.

When she first went to Sardinia the St Catherine ran on the Palau-La Maddalena route but Delcomar don't really need anything else there now that have taken over rival Saremar operation with its two purpose-built ships. At both Palau and Calasetta Delcomar continue the practice of having dedicated night ferries - a pair of landing craft things which take over from the day ships in the early evening.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...