Sign in to follow this  
nodwad

Ferries full in febuary

Looking on bf ferry site ,looking for a earlier crossing Spain to the uk ,instead of the one we have got booked for 24 febuary.found out all of the crossings are fully booked for the month of febuary.than found out the cap has gone in for refit and that means only the two economic ferries are running which means less capacity.this must be a first for bf just to have economic ferries doing this route.

Nothing wrong with taking the BDS to Spain:) 
A fairly pleasant and comfortable experience in my experience! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Nothing wrong with taking the BDS to Spain:) 
A fairly pleasant and comfortable experience in my experience! 

Not got a problem with bds,just that limited capacity with only having economic ferries running at same time.would of thought the cap or point would of been on this rune to increase capacity.

I noticed this too. This guy posted up a recent Bilbao to Portsmouth crossing on BDS. Go to 9:50 - that car deck is chock-o-block. Looks like a crossing in early August not late January. Is there some sort of last-trip-to-Europe-before-Brexit trend going on?

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that insight into the BDS. I was quite surprised to see a dog being walked off the lead. If something scared a dog I can only imagine the situation that may develop.

John

I'm finding it a bit of a pain...  we are booked to travel back from Spain on the Etretat this coming weekend (9/2/2019), but I am going to have to fly back in a couple of weeks to collect my van, which is currently in bits at local garage here in Spain. 

Looking at how I'm going to get the van back, however, it rather looks like I'm going to have to do the full schlepp through France :(

5 minutes ago, Halfcrown said:

I'm finding it a bit of a pain...  we are booked to travel back from Spain on the Etretat this coming weekend (9/2/2019), but I am going to have to fly back in a couple of weeks to collect my van, which is currently in bits at local garage here in Spain. 

Looking at how I'm going to get the van back, however, it rather looks like I'm going to have to do the full schlepp through France :(

Yes but it won't be long before all that luxiourious freight space becomes available on Salamanca and Galacia ;)

Imagine - 2 brand new ships ploughing the route, and BREXIT may even be over (or at least decided)

Edited by hf_uk

I don't think it's extra passengers as such, just that they are one ship down for the period due to CF going away for a refit and all the passengers having to squeeze onto BDS and Etretat. Ed. 

• Like 1

And it’s very unusual (I queried whether it might be a first since Portsmouth-Spain started in the Refit thread) to have both CF and PA off Spanish service at the same time.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2019 at 17:57, zuludelta said:

I noticed this too. This guy posted up a recent Bilbao to Portsmouth crossing on BDS. Go to 9:50 - that car deck is chock-o-block. Looks like a crossing in early August not late January. Is there some sort of last-trip-to-Europe-before-Brexit trend going on?

Thanks for the link. Subscribe to my YouTube channel (@motorhomeman) for similar content! I will be travelling from Harwich to the Hook of Holland in early April on the Stena Hollandica ship if you would like to follow me on this journey - tune in to the vlogs!

• Like 1