Sign in to follow this  
eagleeye

Victoria of Wight

Took St Clare to the island, and St Faith back last week. The former quite shiny but vibrates like anything. The latter a bit tired …. Being the first time I used the route, coming back the next morning to the mainland, I had planned to disembark rom the Pont Aven +/- 18:50, and leave my car in the car park opposite the Wightlink car ferry terminal. Found the car park OK, and parked next to a ticket machine. Managed to turn it on, in the dark, and enter my Reg number, but it would only take coins, of which I had none. The other machine was the same. Headed for the terminal where a charming young lady smiled, pulled out her IPad 9or similar) and sorted it (not even charging me....). She laughed and said she wold have to make me pay for the ferry. All the personnel I came across were exemplary.

On her right now. Bit bumpy against wind and waves today but still doing 12kts. Coming back very smooth. Love the layout which because of the different styles does make it look a huge mass produced lounge area.

I would like to sample her but Wightlink day return fares with a car are now very expensive. I guess the new schedules and capacity mean that they don't need to make offers these days.

I totally forgot the nt after does in my post of 12.30 Thursday. Doesn't make it look like a mass produced large lounge...….