eagleeye

Victoria of Wight

Need a Yarmouth vessel. Faith as freight and then triple Clare.

Edited by adicat

'Victoria of Wight' has moved from the Ferry Port to the lay-by berth in the Camber, she moved under her own power but assistance was required to turn her.

VoW.jpg

VoW & York.jpg

11 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

she moved under her own power but assistance was required to turn her.

I think the same was true of her eponym, but not until later in life. Ed. 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, adicat said:

Yes 99.8% of services ran with 97% on time for last month. Very much improved indeed. 😁

I agree it is true that reliability has improved greatly (notwithstanding today’s breakdown).

But I would treat the published reliability figures with suspicion. For instance, the prolonged absence in August of one of the two cats was hardly reflected in the figures - in such situations Wightlink presumably simply declare a new timetable rather than admit that there have been cancellations.

As anyone who has been involved in setting or monitoring performance measures will know, temptations to skew results in one’s favour are hard to resist.

I don't understand why Wigjt Light has not been brought to Portsmouth. With VOW out could the crew not go to Lymington and bring her down. Every little helps.

Not doing very well with the other two either. Clare still at Fishbourne with a very delayed 1900 sailing. Constant triple decking and low tides plus the wind aren't doing them any favours.

Faith running a late 8am from Portsmouth by the looks of it. Should think only die hards going over today as weather awful. VOW even if fixed would not be risked for a first run out in these winds I would think.

Was on 18:00 from Fishbourne this evening-St Claire; very lightly loaded, only main car deck in use...very few passengers, very pleasant sailing!!

They were triple decking her earlier in the day though. She coped very well today considering the weather conditions. It was the Faith which was 45 minutes late at one point with the Clare not far behind her

Faith was late because she went into service very late probably to do with crew as vow was supposed to be in service..see what happens tomorrow when 3 ships are supposed to be in service 

'St Faith' was due to visit Albert Johnson Quay at Portsmouth International Port on November 11th prior to going to Dunkerque, but this movement has been removed from the schedule. I'm wondering if her dry docking as been postponed because of the problem with 'Victoria of Wight.

I can't see Faith being curtailed totally before Xmas unless VOW needs to go away and they do her whilst they are repairing. Means Faith PSC must be valid till at least early Jan.

Well Wight Sun not moved and dailings camcelled plus smaller vessel on as VOW still out of service. Either very little traffic or strange decision not to bring a W class down.

They had to leave the Royal Mail artic off it's booked 1400 today as too much list on St Faith. Ironically it was the usual 1300 booked Asda high artic that caused most of the list. Had 4 coaches and a rigid on the port side but even the deck and under could not correct it enough for postie.

'Wight Sun' is en route to Portsmouth as cover for 'Victoria of Wight', 'St Faith' might make her dry dock slot in Dunkerque after all.

1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Wight Sun' is en route to Portsmouth as cover for 'Victoria of Wight', 'St Faith' might make her dry dock slot in Dunkerque after all.

Poor old Wightlink, that's like Thomas the Tank with Annie and Clarabel trying to cover for a Eurostar!

Good luck to them, but I can't help but think Faith might make a better job of covering it, even minus a mezz deck.

• Haha 1