Victoria of Wight

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not necessary! He's already very well trained. 😀 Ed. 

I'm trying to understand which out of that model or the real thing are least visually offensive!

I think the same was true of her eponym, but not until later in life. Ed. 

Posted Images

On 08/11/2019 at 20:07, TonyMWeaver said:

I think it was a software issue, seems to be common these days.

If it was, that's quite concerning. You'd hope for better design. 

(Bringing up the second reference to Speed 2 this week, whilst it's s truly diabolical film, the idea of ship being disabled by software should remain a complete work of fiction!)

18 hours ago, Jim said:

If it was, that's quite concerning. You'd hope for better design. 

(Bringing up the second reference to Speed 2 this week, whilst it's s truly diabolical film, the idea of ship being disabled by software should remain a complete work of fiction!)

It is in the local news that it was indeed a software issue lasting ten mins only..but was unable to be put back in service until they were sure the problem wouldn’t reappear 

Just now, eagleeye said:

It is in the local news that it was indeed a software issue lasting ten mins only..but was unable to be put back in service until they were sure the problem wouldn’t reappear 

That's a pretty horrendous state of affairs. It really shouldn't happen at all.

26 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

If you type in Isle of Wight observer in google it tells you in there why the vow was out of service I struggle to paste a link but it is easy to find 

Read the article, lots of bowing and scraping as you`d expect, but the last paragraph had me bemused..Apparantly next summer, at peak times ,they are expanding the Lymington to Yarmouth route by putting all 3 vessels in service. He says its in response to public demand, so in his words `They are going to give it a go"......Hmm I thought thats what they were going to do when they had the 3 new vessels built in the first place???

• 3 weeks later...