Sign in to follow this  
eagleeye

Victoria of Wight

4 hours ago, eagleeye said:

Vic back on the run this morning 

Yes, they were testing her yesterday before docking her on the Hulk. 

'St Faith' can go for her refit now, due in Dunkerque next Wednesday.

4 hours ago, adicat said:

Did they find anything mechanical I wonder or with modern technology was it software issue?

I think it was a software issue, seems to be common these days.

On 08/11/2019 at 20:07, TonyMWeaver said:

I think it was a software issue, seems to be common these days.

If it was, that's quite concerning. You'd hope for better design. 

(Bringing up the second reference to Speed 2 this week, whilst it's s truly diabolical film, the idea of ship being disabled by software should remain a complete work of fiction!)

18 hours ago, Jim said:

If it was, that's quite concerning. You'd hope for better design. 

(Bringing up the second reference to Speed 2 this week, whilst it's s truly diabolical film, the idea of ship being disabled by software should remain a complete work of fiction!)

It is in the local news that it was indeed a software issue lasting ten mins only..but was unable to be put back in service until they were sure the problem wouldn’t reappear 

Just now, eagleeye said:

It is in the local news that it was indeed a software issue lasting ten mins only..but was unable to be put back in service until they were sure the problem wouldn’t reappear 

That's a pretty horrendous state of affairs. It really shouldn't happen at all.

If you type in Isle of Wight observer in google it tells you in there why the vow was out of service I struggle to paste a link but it is easy to find 

26 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

If you type in Isle of Wight observer in google it tells you in there why the vow was out of service I struggle to paste a link but it is easy to find 

Read the article, lots of bowing and scraping as you`d expect, but the last paragraph had me bemused..Apparantly next summer, at peak times ,they are expanding the Lymington to Yarmouth route by putting all 3 vessels in service. He says its in response to public demand, so in his words `They are going to give it a go"......Hmm I thought thats what they were going to do when they had the 3 new vessels built in the first place???

22 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

No Wight sun tomorrow as not enough crew to man her 

Sounds like the railway excuse. They only have 3 vessels to crew, how are there not enough?

6 minutes ago, adicat said:

Sounds like the railway excuse. They only have 3 vessels to crew, how are there not enough?

With a train you can always couple two units together. I don't think that's feasible with ferries. 😀 Ed.