Victoria of Wight

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not necessary! He's already very well trained. 😀 Ed. 

I'm trying to understand which out of that model or the real thing are least visually offensive!

I think the same was true of her eponym, but not until later in life. Ed. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, adicat said:

Not sure what time she went out of service yesterday as this leaves the tall ASDA lorry issue. If Wight Sun n9t tall enough then there lay a slight issue of no vessel that will take it.

There 'asda be a solution to the problem! Ed. 

What is hard to understand is the sun sat around doing nothing whilst two ferries are broken and one in dock ..people of the iow are sick to death of this incompetence as it impacts into no fresh product in supermarkets to missed hospital appointment s .missed flights .school colleges and the list goes on and on .maybe Wightlink are in favour of a fixed link as they are doing a great job so far of promoting it 

• Like 1

Both of the Sun's sailings were cancelled this morning, due to "staff sickness" - again!  Victoria seems to be back on the run with the 1400, but Clare was on her own again earlier, as it appears the VOW is running on reduced power atm and couldn't cope with the weather conditions

Its a very poor excuse from Wightlink cancelling  ferry services because of staff sickness.   People pay Wightlink to transport people ,cars and lorries 2 and fro to the Isle of Wight.  And as far as people are concerned they  are not interested  if staff are off sick.  Since Wightlink was separated from Sealink many years ago.  The services has got bad to worst.   And Wightlink needs to build a 2nd V O W  to cover any breakdowns.   There was a issue when Sealink  had the 1st Saints built for the Portsmouth to Fishbourne back in 1983.   And they retained the Cuthred to support the summer services.  But after it was privatised the top priorty for the new company was to order a 3rd saint for the route.

7 hours ago, adicat said:

Cancellations 're Staff sickness is otherwise known as cut back too many jobs I reckon as train companies seem to have the same issue.

Don’t believe all you hear ! Staff sickness is an easy button to push on a PA system, when the train or ferry is in such a bad state that it struggles to get off its depot it’s nothing to do with staff sickness ! I have heard it before , when stood on a platform with my driver next to me ! 

That's about the 3rd time now that side isn't it? According to service status on website both 1000 services have been cancelled. They must have held Clare back. More cancellations.

Edited by adicat