Victoria of Wight

I happened to see her on Saturday - she docked at 1500, and was unloaded by 1505 or a minute or so after.  Despite being late, she then waited till a quarter past three to start loading again, and sailed at 1534, by which time the Clare was waiting off the hulk.  In fact I think the VOW was delayed for a couple of minutes while the Clare entered the harbour.  So it might be more to do with the protracted turn-round times rather than anything technical, 

Edited by martijon
missing text
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not necessary! He's already very well trained. 😀 Ed. 

I'm trying to understand which out of that model or the real thing are least visually offensive!

I think the same was true of her eponym, but not until later in life. Ed. 

Posted Images

18 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

There is nothing wrong with Victoria of Wight.

Yet she is not on today, St Faith is. Rather a coincidence is it not?

St Clare was over 30 minutes late yesterday evening with VOW approaching at fishbourne at and Clare still in and she today seems to have lost time. Not sure if harbour movements have caused this as cannot believe they are that busy as to struggle on turn round time or maybe they are!

• 3 weeks later...

Very busy yesterday with ships seemingly booked to the last inch, as stuff kept getting left off each sailing in the morning. Couple of loading decisions cost space, where maybe before covid some percentage leeway say 5% left free.  Possibly trying to ensure each vessel full to get maximum revenue so any leeway they use to give not giving now to try and make up revenue lost.  Cant say I blame them. At least no shows would have paid unlike restaurants who have people booking the limited tables then are no shows which I find cruel beyond belief.

VOW ended up over an hour late by the early evening on Friday due to low tide and heavy traffic, with the 1900 sailing leaving at around ten past 8. Problems with the mezz deck on the Clare didn't help either with protracted turn round times while they tried to get it to lock into position, each time having to lower it and remove a couple of cars before it was safe to load underneath. Incidentally I notice the Faith isn't using her deck at all - is this because of a breakdown or because of restricted numbers? They could certainly have done with it on Friday as the traffic was right back by the grammar school at one point.

Edited by martijon

Went on Clare and vow last week very efficient loading and unloading amazing how quick it is with the upper loading .noticed faith was flat loading then ..went on red funnel and there was a notice stating capacity at 73% so that could be the reason faith is flat loading 

• 1 month later...

On way back from Island after a bit if a weather wrecked weekend. Managed to get extra space on passenger side even though not booked as mother in law twisted her knee so 👍Wightlink.

Noticed a number of early arrivals for 7pm who got there before the requested 1 hour max. Guess even though they pay less for 7pm than 6pm they don't get autocharged as whats yo stop people booking cheap late one and arriving early. Just a thought.

• 5 weeks later...