Khaines

Navy to convert ferries to warships

Well, the Navy seems to have Libby as the picture - well, I suppose she was built by a company who build warships.  Eyes on her have you, Mr WIlliamson?  I’d say hands off and go back to your spiders, but if you are really thinking about it I suggest putting gun turrets in her car deck and a missile launcher on her top sundeck..😉

https://navalnews.net/u-k-to-convert-ferries-into-warships/

Well, the picture is probably just for editorial dramatic effect - I doubt that ConLib would be the sort of vessel he was looking at.

However.....if she is.....then I’d have thought Condor would regard that as all their prayers answered.  Instead of being stuck with something that, in retrospect, they wish they had not purchased, and being unable to sell her, here would be an opportinity to offload her at a reasonable price and then set about redesigning the configuration of the fleet.

However......prayers are seldom answered! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Well, the picture is probably just for editorial dramatic effect - I doubt that ConLib would be the sort of vessel he was looking at.

Don’t be too sure..😉.  Picture is almost certainly for editorial effect but the Government’s recent fiasco with regard to ferries, it would take a man who keeps a tarantula in his office to assume Libby might be worth a shot as a naval vessel...😂

I am going for a spin for her later on in the spring so if she starts sprouting gun turrets...😁

Edited by Khaines

2 hours ago, nottingham said:

HMS Bretagne - I hope not!

Wonder which of the BF fleet would make good warships..😉  

20 hours ago, colin said:

A couple of Incats have morphed the other way ….

Does my memory serve correctly, or did NEX see a spell in the NZ Navy?  Sure it was her.