Sign in to follow this  
David Williams

Canine Cabin Companions

21 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

There is a Doggy Exercise Area on the portside of Deck 9 where the stores are loaded

How do the dogs get there without going into the general area ? I thought that that aim was to have a direct path between car, cabins & toilets.

32 minutes ago, David Williams said:

How do the dogs get there without going into the general area ? I thought that that aim was to have a direct path between car, cabins & toilets.

There are Paw Prints marking the route.

3 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

There are Paw Prints marking the route.

How dreadful, does that mean that dogs can go in lifts ? 

I presume the cabins are on deck 5. I hope that  owners obey the muzzling rule - they don't appear to on the Etretat.

4 minutes ago, David Williams said:

How dreadful, does that mean that dogs can go in lifts ? 

I don't recall seeing the paw prints in the lift, only the 'D' Stairs.

10 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I was wondering if I buy a roll of such stickers, how much fun I could have next Friday night while everyone is sleeping. 

Perfect, do it, and post photos.

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Well, that's Ed's onboard entertainment sorted. 

Problem is, it might be his last trip before his BF ban kicks in! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KeithR said:

The dog cabins are in the block 5304 -5315. It does seem a long way up to deck 9 but I suppose BF know best.

On the flip side it's adjacent to the car deck which will be quicker during embarkation and disembarkation. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

12 less standard cabins then.

They can still be used by other passengers if all the other cabins are sold out.  I know some would not like to use a cabin after being used by pets but should not happen very often.

7 minutes ago, Solo said:

They can still be used by other passengers if all the other cabins are sold out.  I know some would not like to use a cabin after being used by pets but should not happen very often.

It’s bad enough I have to share a cabin after other humans let alone four legged creatures.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

It’s bad enough I have to share a cabin after other humans let alone four legged creatures.

Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about. 

I've had my socks on since last Saturday and will change them this Saturday. Hang on I'll do a quick wall test... nope, no velcro sounds and they don't stick.

I've done a study Neil, dirt keeps you warmer, it's a protective layer, honest! Oh and I'll bathe on Sunday whether I need to or not.

My mother in law left a copy of Country Living strategically open on an article about pet hygiene on the top of her brothers coffee table. I made the mistake of reading it, for your own sake... don't!

Have you seen the micro images of bugs, the one's with more legs than a rugby scrum, how about the ones that get into your scalp and swing on your hair like tarzan? WOW...!

I'll tell you mate, premature kojakulation has it's bennies...

@jonno my dog was a lovely dog but he was a dirty beast in a lot of ways but not as bad as Arthur Shelby, I’ve no doubt as has been said it would be a last  resort to book non pet transporting passengers in a pet friendly cabin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Jonno I think you’ve been working too hard! 😉

No, just too many Cadbury twirl multi packs... look on the bright side, imagine what it would be like if drank full fat coke too! Coke zero is an amazing invention.

9 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

@jonno my dog was a lovely dog but he was a dirty beast in a lot of ways but not as bad as Arthur Shelby, I’ve no doubt as has been said it would be a last  resort to book non pet transporting passengers in a pet friendly cabin.

Ah, bless him, I love the frowned expression...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neilcvx said:

After seeing these pictures it's the people that are the problem, perhaps we should use the kennels instead.

• Like 2

Wait a minute. The dogs get goody bags and we get...? Individually packaged bars of soap. Small bottles of shower gel. And those seem to be being phased out. Ed. 

31 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Wait a minute. The dogs get goody bags and we get...? Individually packaged bars of soap. Small bottles of shower gel. And those seem to be being phased out. Ed. 

Yeah but we have somewhere to have a number 2 without going outside. Although - in recent times I can see the lines blurring somewhat there 😉