6 minutes ago, straightfeed said:

Yep, let down badly by RollsRoyce. The TriStar had so much redundancy and back up it was possible to disconnect pilot and copilot controls and still fly the plane. Airbus went the other way. Neither pilot can see or feel what the other pilot is doing with his "out of sight" joystick- or  thrust levers that have no relationship with the amount of power delivered. Progress?
It also had direct lift control where instead of the nose bobbing up and down on approach giving constantly changing attitudes/speeds the lift was gained or dumped.
Way ahead of its time.

Stu

I was about 11 years of age and keen on plane spotting. Any way we flew to Tenerife  with Court line on a TriStar the company went bust while we were out there & Freddie Laker rescued us with a DC10 as a young kid keen on airplanes this was magic. Don't know why but I liked the Tristar better.

Mods please feel fee to delete my off topic ramblings. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A message from BF (we told you they were watching...)    

New website, new logo, what a waste of money. Just got my Welcome Aboard email, I had look at what they have to say about Bretagne, all the pictures and the video are still showing the old logo.  The

I still find the website a nightmare to navigate. Give it time.  How long ?   The way the timetables are displayed is confusing. The Print this Page link doesn't print the whole timetable, just o

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I like to track price changes on our booked crossings. Next Aprils has increased by £20.00 already. I also spotted this. Softwear still not right

Select your sailing

Note: Local times shown

ECONOMYINFO
STANDARDINFO
FLEXIINFO
12:00  12:45 (23 h 45 m)
Ship: Cap Finistere | Cruise
£259
£379
£304

ALTERNATIVE ROUTE

Portsmouth to Santander From £266
On 26/09/2020 at 06:37, IanN said:

I like to track price changes on our booked crossings. Next Aprils has increased by £20.00 already. I also spotted this. Softwear still not right

Select your sailing

Note: Local times shown

ECONOMYINFO
STANDARDINFO
FLEXIINFO
12:00  12:45 (23 h 45 m)
Ship: Cap Finistere | Cruise
£259
£379
£304

ALTERNATIVE ROUTE

Portsmouth to Santander From £266

Softwear sure isn't right 😉

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I have just been sketching potential holidays next year. The Web site contains a comprehensive list of sailings. Some tweaks have been made to its operation which make it much more (this) user friendly.

Brittany Ferries should be congratulated in these uncertain times.

The peak summer prices appear to be competitive with previous years.

On 12/06/2020 at 15:18, straightfeed said:

Did 8 years on the TriStar L1011all versions.

AAH the old RB211 what's not to love, beautiful triple bypass turbofan... oh I've come over all unnecessary now, I should never use those words in the same sentence! 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, jonno said:

AAH the old RB211 what's not to love, beautiful triple bypass turbofan... oh I've come over all unnecessary now, I should never use those words in the same sentence! 

Number1 son did his training at Cosford on the RB211...simple straightforward and easily understood...Reliable too